View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wow! Just plain mean! 

Post Wow! Just plain mean!
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have posted. Dealing with my own health issues. Like us caregivers have time too get sick and take care of ourselves ... Who are our caregivers? Anyway, over the past month my fathers anger/outbursts have become more frequent. And over minor things or things that aren't even happening. My patience has become very thin. I know we aren't supposed to argue back or confront. But what do you do when they are just plain wrong! Here is an example of the latest. I administer my fathers meds to him. He is not capable of doing it himself. He is so consumed with getting them on the dot. I was not home so I was 40 mins late giving him his meds. So he demands that I give him all of his meds for each day every morning. I said know I couldn't do that. So he says I need to give him all of his meds and he's leaving with his bag and his walking stick. Really? No Dad, I can't do that. Then he said I have until the morning to turn over his meds or he's calling the police. Oh my gosh! Ok go ahead. Of course it was all much more heated than I can begin to explain here. So this morning he realized that he was mad for no reason. He cried. Feels awful. But I can still see the anger in his face. This just one example. I have put in a call to his dr. This is just all very scary!! Any advice.

Michelle

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:43 am

Post Re: Wow! Just plain mean!
Is your dad taking appropriate meds for LBD?

Have you contacted your local chapter of the Alzheimer's Association (alz.org)? Many have good classes on learning how to redirect.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Aricept, Serequel, Sentimet
Yes, I actually called the hotline last night. They suggested a locked pill dispenser. And said if he did try and leave the house to call the police myself. And to call the dr today. Which I have. Waiting to here from her

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Have you and the MD considered increasing the Seroquel? Or removing the Sinemet?

Ask the Alzheimer's Association hotline if they have training classes for family caregivers.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]