View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Help! New member with painful delusions. 

Post Doctors
Dinny, Robin answered your question re LBD and PDD. As for doctors accepting info gleaned on websites, etc. it probably depends on the doctor. I have given my LO's neuro a copy of the LBD Bad Medication list which he found interesting not that he agreed with it all. And, I do mention things to the neuro and the GP that I have learned through my support groups etc. and they seem to handle it well. I am in Italy so maybe they are easier here and maybe not. When you go to the doctor, you are in need of answers so you should feel free to say and mention whatever you fee like within limits. IreneM :wink:

Mon May 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Thank you for that concise and informative answer you gave to Dinny. Despite the diagnosis rendered by the Memory Center, I've been a bit confused as to what my husband actually has. They said probably mild to moderate AD plus Parkinsonian like symptoms which is indicative of diffuse Lewy Body contribution.

In my husband's case, the PD symptoms well preceded the onset of dementia. In fact, the dementia (or what became noticeable) really began following a serious fall my husband had last Thanksgiving when he passed out and fell at the hospital where he was a volunteer. He spent 5 days in the hospital with a broken nose, huge gash in his forehead that required 23 stitches, and various bumps and bruises. The doctors determined he suffered an orthostatic BP episode. Fortunately, that problem is now under control, but he's never been the same since.

Mon May 14, 2007 7:10 pm
This often is a gray area, I know they say Dementa is first and within 1 yr the motor skills develop but I often think with a very mild dementia the person is able to cover it well,I don't know if this is the case with your situation but I did want to put it out there for you to ponder, I know with my husband I didn't see it right away and I often put off the dementia as "normal" aging, but to be honest with you none us really knows if it is LBD. You mentioned that your husband's dementia really came out after a fall and I think that also is very common. and you are right they are never the same after something tramatic happening such as a major fall.

Tue May 15, 2007 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2