View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Anxious in the evening" 

Post Re: "Anxious in the evening"
Oh, yes, Leone. Wadded up bedding have been a part of our lives for quite awhile. When he was more capable of movement he also put on layers of clothing and took lots of clothes out of this closet and made a nest with them. Kind of like a kid making a delusional treehouse or camping site. Nan

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Very familiar, Leone. The urgency, especially. A year or so ago he would pile his bedding and his clothes in the floor. Other times he would be hiding them [rolled up in a ball] in drawers or cupboards. There were so many 'people' in our house that he had to keep hiding things in new places. There are still some things that never showed up. I assume they got tossed in the trash. Always look through the garbage carefully. Now that he's not independently mobile he is content to tear paper into little bits and try to pull his clothing off. I think I mentioned before that he used to start tearing up the newspaper as soon as it arrived before I'd have a chance to see it. Now I get to read the whole thing! :P

PS: Tell Dale I don't think he did a very good job of coaching the Broncos last year! :lol:

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

I must admit that I'm glad I don't need to worry about Dale hiding things or throwing them in the trash anymore. He just lies on the bed lost in his own world. He isn't at all interested in T.V. I play recordings for him and keep the lights down low.

Aside from the anguish on his face and the glazed look in his eyes, he seems to be entertaining himself. He lives in the world he creates and rarely wants me to be a part of it except when he thinks I need to provide transportation or make copies of documents. I keep wondering how long this will go on... like this.

More and more, he is having difficulty swallowing. He sort of chokes when something doesn't quite go down right away. The food supplement pills are annoying. I probably won't buy anymore when these are gone.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2