View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Restless nights/Falls 

Post Re: Restless nights/Falls
Sometimes I feel like I'm falling backwards.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm

:P Like in-person conversations, threads do tend to wander away from the original subject. The disadvantage of that in online discussions is that people who would be interested in the new topic might miss it because the subject line is a topic that isn't applicable to them. So I would urge my fellow posters that if your contribution really takes off in a new direction it is a good practice to start a new thread. Not because that is the rule or that you are naughty if you don't, but just in the hope that your new topic won't be overlooked by people it would appeal to. I think mattresses are related to restless nights, but if you were looking for a lot of input about them you might get more in a separate post. But, No Big Deal. :P And falling backwards is related to the falls in the subject line. This thread seems to me to be staying on topic better than many. :roll:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

For people who are new on here, it's important to know that you can do a search on specific topics you're interested in. That way, if a thread has taken side trips by doing a search, say on "mattress" you may find discussions in several places that you might not expect them. Lynn

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Well, the air mattress and the Postur-pedic pad did something. Dale rarely complains about pain now. However, they did nothing for the restless nights. He lies in bed with his eyes wide open for hours. Most of the time, he talks endlessly.

Tonight, he wants a taxi. I told him to go get one. He was also struggling with opening some sort of bottle. There is nothing in his bed other than the bedsheet and pillow. By morning, both the bedding and the pillow will be wadded up.

Asking him to be quiet is like talking with the furniture. He has no concept of what anything means. He thinks he is 'working.' I told him it was night and he could 'work' tomorrow.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 am

Leone, you must have the patience of a saint! Lynn

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am

Thanks, Lynn. I know I'm far from alone. That's the tragedy. I knew this day was coming from what I've read of the trials of others. One always hopes it won't happen to you.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:49 am

I know. We try to be optimistic, while knowing that there is no good way out of this. And, we all grieve for months or years while our LOs decline a bit more every day. Sending everyone a big cyber hug, Lynn

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2