View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 You never can tell who sat there before you did.... 

Post Re: You never can tell who sat there before you did....
Ok here is one more funny bathroom issue!
Jim was well into LBD but still getting around and I also bought the wet ones thinking it would help him keep himself clean, one day he comes out of the bathroom and says we need more Butt wipes, I said impossible I just put a new one in the bathroom that morning, he turns and comes back out to prove to me they were empty, what he brought out was the Lysol Wipes I kept on the floor in the corner for quick clean ups around the tiolet, my dear husband had been using them instead of the wet ones ! :lol:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile WWW

Yikes.... Irene.... That might hurt....

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:52 pm

The last few months my dad was living at his house I bought Clorox wipes for the same reason you did, Irene. I'm wondering now if they got used for purposes other than cleaning up the floor around the toilet between times his housekeeper came to clean..... :roll: Lynn

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Dorothea... We took my parents to Russia about 1990 so my mother could see the village where she was born. (She even saw relatives there - which she didn't know had remained there.)

She was about your age at the time and she had no problem at all with the necessary tour bus stops by the side of the road. She always wore a dress - whereas we younger women wore slacks. It's easier to squat in a dress. :lol:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes. I smile as I think of memories too numerous to mention but more to the point for this forum: At one time when Mr Bobby was on a medicine [Lipitor] which sent him over the edge, he thought he was at home where he grew up. They lived in "town" so they had city water and one bathroom BUT six boys and two girls in the family with ONE bathroom. They boys decided to go to the back porch at night and relieve themselves over the railing. During the time when Mr Bobby thought he was "back there in time and space", he did the same thing all over his bedroom if I did not catch him in time. One night I came into his bedroom too late and he advised me that I should not walk over there because it was muddy. Yes, the carpet did feel muddy!! We stopped the Lipitor and he stopped going to the bathroom on the floor but not before the carpet had to be completely removed down to the hardwood floor.

Dorthea

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh dear, Dorothea .... I can imagine that happening here. Dale is at the point when I fear he will have an accident because his mind is so confused. It's not that he can't control his bladder. It's mostly that he can't remember where the toilet is located. He is allergic to paper so I dread what's next. I bought some cotton briefs for 'accidents'... but he usually wears boxer shorts so those feel too confining.

Almost two years ago, he urinated in the bathroom sink in the middle of the night because the 'men' were using the toilet and wouldn't let him use it. That made a terrible mess because it leaked into the drawers below where the towels and paper products are stored.

He has wet the bed only a couple of times during the daytime. I keep a pad there all the time.
So far, I've been lucky.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2