View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Deceit and LBD: Going 'home' 

Post Re: Deceit and LBD: Going 'home'
I think that is a very useful philosophy, Nan. If our LOs chemicals are not in balance, then pharmacology MAY be able to help. Obviously, none of us want our LOs zonked out like zombies, or having other horrible side effects, but using meds judiciously when they will help shouldn't be reason to feel guilty. I really hate seeing my dad highly agitated over tiny things that he wouldn't have been upset about in his former life, and I wish they would give him some meds when he's spent hours being so agitated. (or stop giving meds that may be making him agitated). Lynn

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 pm

...' or stop giving meds that may be making him agitated..' I agree completely, Lynn.

I've cut back on Dale's Sinemet - again - and yesterday was a very good day. The delusions and hallucinations were under control. We went to a party and he danced! A couple of my friends who are widows said they envied us. It almost made me cry.

In fact, he didn't want to 'go home.' We stayed for the whole party. :P

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:34 am

Frank is like Derek, he wants to go home!! When I ask if he knows the directions he says just start driving. I do drive around the local towns but when he directs me to the highway I tell we can't go, most of the time I think he's taking us to our daughters 18 miles away. I did follow his directions once and we sat in front of her house and he would get out, he said he guessed he made a mistake. Last night he was trying to dress at midnight to go get the mailbox?? I find that he picks up on bits of conversations and creates his own story around it. Our friend had a car accident and I was telling the kids that a mail box was inbedded in the hood of his car, then comes his story about a mail box. I let Frank walk around the house for a few hours and then finally ask him to just rest, with his jeans on, and then we'd figure out what he needed to do, 8:00AM and he still sleeps. He seldom knows who I am and he doesn't trust me so it's a no win situation. The sun is bright and hopefully we'll all have a peaceful Sunday.
Take Care,
Gerry

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:53 am

Leone, I am so happy you went to a party and danced! How wonderful that must have been.
Gerry, Pat and everyone - I hope you have an uneventful and hopefully peaceful day today. My heart goes out to you. Lynn

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Pat,
I am back again!
I found too that the serequel worked for the hallucinations and helped Mom sleep. It did nothing for the delusions. We only gave the serequel for a couple of months and I often wonder it it accelerated her death. We could not have survived without the serequel though.
Mom was convinced my dad was having an affair. She had forgotten that he had passed 8 years before her passing. I used to try to tell her he was dead but she wouldnt believe it. Her intensity about the affair increased and I found the best thing to do was just say uh hu, uh hu,.... Trying to redirect her wasnt going to work any longer and she would just get mad if attempted. It was best not to get into with her and let her be.
Thinking of you regularly, Sharon

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2