View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 behavioral habit/pulling clothes off in bed and adult diaper 

Post behavioral habit/pulling clothes off in bed and adult diaper
My mother is pretty much confined to bed except for when she gets up to eat. We put her in a wheelchair and take her to the dinner table. Sometimes she is coherent and smiles but it lasts only 15 minutes or less. Then we take her back to bed or let her sleep in a lounge chair. But the past day or so she has started to roll around in bed tossing and turning and throwing the covers off and she takes her adult incontinence underwear off and pulls her gown over her head. We'll let her take the gown off but we keep putting the pants back on because she pees in the bed and we don't want her to get rashes and sores etc. and we would be constantly cleaning the sheets etc. Anyone experience this behavior? We thought it comes on when she is in pain or her stomach hurts but now she's doing it all the time. She's on seroquel, trazodone, lorazepam etc.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:35 am

Post Re: behavioral habit/pulling clothes off in bed and adult di
My husband does this from time to time. I know that his thermoregulatory system is out of whack and he gets hot [or cold] spells so maybe he feels hot in the night. Maybe that's the case with your mother, too. Does her doctor have any explanation or solution?

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 am

Post Re: behavioral habit/pulling clothes off in bed and adult di
I've noticed that lots of people on the LBDcaregivers Yahoo!Group report that their family member does this. Seems like the approach they've tried is to give a sedating medication at night so the family member sleeps. One put a camera in the bedroom and has a sitter in the living room, watching for any disturbance.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]