View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hallucination about an pretend "husband" 

Post Hallucination about an pretend "husband"
Mom had a very disturbing hallucination last night, which she shared in detail with the hospice nurse and I this morning. She thinks there is a man living in our house who is pretending to be her husband. She told us that she was having "marital" problems and then told us she'd received a phone call from a woman who wanted to know where her (mom's) husband was because wanted to have sex with him. The hospice nurse tried to calm her with prayer but she began sharing in more "graphic" detail about the language the "other woman" had used on the phone with her. The nurse took her blood pressure (twice) and it was 160/85 (mom's normally runs 105/50). Mom was so upset, so the nurse gave her .25 of Lorazepam, which helped calm her down some. Because mom has been having more hallucinations and seeing people in her room, the dr wants to start her tonight on .25 of Risperdal. I see it's worked with some of your loved ones, and others it hasn't. So, we'll see how it goes with mom. I've never heard my mom use some of the words she used this morning and it was disturbing because she's so "prim and proper", but I've read how this has happened with so many other people so I wasn't too alarmed. Just felt so sorry for her as it's so real to her and she's so upset by it. Hopefully tonight will be a better night's sleep--for all of us! This is such a hateful, frustrating disease!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile YIM

Hope the Risperdal works for your mother. It's good that the Ativan helps her.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]