View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 I am not a mind reader! 

I agree that the hallucinations will come and go. But his delusions [issues], e.g., 'How am I going to get home--I don't have any transportation?' 'Do you think I could get a bed here tonight?', 'Where has everybody gone?', 'Where is my wife?', etc will go on all day/night. Last night he asked if he could call his wife, so I dialed my cell phone number. I was standing right there in front of him talking to him on my cell phone, with him on the home phone, and he didn't catch on even after I told him, 'It's me, standing right here in front of you'. :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 am

reading these 2 pages, makes me evensadder to think what I have to look forward to if his progesses more

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am

Martha, progression isn't an 'if', I'm sad to say. :(

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:36 am

Our situation is exactly like mockturtle's. I have the house phone set up so redial goes to my cell. When Frank is looking for his wife, he'll push the redial, I'll go to my purse and get the cell, sit beside him and we're both on the phones, he'll ask, "where are you, when are you coming home". I say, I'm right here and he'll say that's not you?? :( And life goes on.
Take Care, Gerry

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Gerry, I feel SO MUCH BETTER hearing that! :D

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Johnny worried about babies for a long time, too, until we got Razadyne. We have a pool and he was always worried the babies were drowning. Once I took him out to show him it wasn't true. Bad idea!! He nearly pulled me into the pool to get them out and I pulled him down onto the rocks surrounding the pool and hollered for the neighbor to come help me get him up. Thank God he was outside next door and could help me. Last time I tried to convince him something was not true. Other times when we walked he would think there were babies locked in cars and even in the trunk. Anyway, so thankful that part is mostly over. And he doesn't have the strength to pull me anywhere anymore.
Judy

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Post I am not a mind reader
Tammy, Mockturtle ..........
like so many others the mind reading and endless questions are SO exhausting! Every small subject is queried over and over and one feels totally brain drained by the end of the day and while my husband doesn't seem to remember what he is told 5 minutes later, he can remember if facts are different from a week before! It is so weird and I don't think the Exelon patches we've tried have made a scrap of difference. As for hallucinations, we have children playing on the street, babies coming into our bedroom at night, etc.etc. Also he can smell non existent smoke and petrol and electrical smells. Then there is the anxiety over trivia, though if I don't double check the lights and lock the doors at night they can be left wide open.......just cannot rely on a thing. Our brains are certainly having to do the work of our partners, as well as everything else, aren't they, and that is really draining. It is just good to be able to share a moan with others who understand!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 am
Profile YIM WWW

It's fascinating to me that so many people's hallucinations have to do with babies.....

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 am

Mom is always asking about the babies. She also gets upset about her mother.Where is she and is she ok.
She regresses back to a child a lot now. The other Sunday we could not go to church because it was only for adults and they didn't have children's church at night. She has reached the point of 100% delusions. Never here.
The other day I was stuck at Mc. Donald's for about an hour and a half because she refused to leave. Told me to go ahead and go, well because of her state of mind at that time my daughter had to take my granddaughter and walk in the cold down the street a get my grandson from school and wasn't sure if she might have to walk home. Because I had no idea how long she would be in this state of mind. My phone was in the car and the extra dose of seroquel I keep on hand just in case, was in the car.
It has gotten so I can't take her out much anymore at all.
She forgets she did something RIGHT after she did it. She had to go to the bathroom, I got her back dressed and she stood there for a second and she pulled her pants right back down and sat down again. I told her mom you just went, She looked at me and said no I did not!
She has mixed her laguage up, yes means no and hot means cold. And visa versa. Has anyone elses LO done this.

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Wow! This brought back a memory , My husband was like that too and instead of not taking him to McD's we went but stayed in the car!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm
Profile WWW

Lol Irene, That is exactly what I was kicking myself for when I was sitting there, why didn't I just go thru the drive-thru. lol
Well, I had my granddaughter with me and she is 2, so she wanted to play in the play area. You know she was the one that asked if we could go to Mc.Donalds. With that beautiful smile. lol How could I resist.

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Now that you mention it, my dad does the yes is no and vice versa thing too. Not always, but enough that it gets really aggravating. I might ask him a question like "do you want ice cream" and he says yes and then he gets really mad when I bring it because he THINKS he has said no.
He constantly does the bathroom thing too - tonight when I was visiting he had JUST come out of the bathroom, the caregivers left, and he asked me how he could get to the bathroom. I said "you just went". He was furious and said he hadn't. I wasn't going to call them back in for nothing because he has already become "the boy who cried wolf" so they don't come running when he takes the phone off the hook (they get a signal to come). Thank goodness he has the mechanism on that tells them if he's fallen.....

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Oh, yeah! How many times he's asked, angrily, "Where's my....[fill in the blank, banana, cookie, juice, whatever]?" right after telling me he didn't want any. From now on, I'm not going to ask. I'm just going to give it to him. He can refuse it if he wants. He doesn't know what he wants, or at least he can't communicate it. Must be frustrating for him, too, I would guess. :(

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Pat - it truly is frustrating for everyone. Tonight I watched my poor dad try to be part of the conversation at dinner. His table mates and I were talking about all sorts of stuff he used to tell endless stories about. He could not even get 2 words in a row spoken. I guessed, sometimes I was right, most of the time we had absolutely no idea what he was trying to say. I can't imagine living like that. If his hands were working I'd have him write but his writing is totally illegible and it takes several min. for him to form one letter. Very sad indeed. Are you on chat tonight? Lynn

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Not yet, Lynn. It's just after dinner here. I'm having my coffee and I haven't even cleaned up the kitchen yet. Soon he'll be wandering around the house and asking all the usual questions over and over but I'll try to get on chat in maybe half an hour. I was on several times today briefly, as no one else was on.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next