View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I am not a mind reader! 

Tammy and I are on now. Come join the party!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

He sounds so much like my mom.

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Hallucinations can be really terrifying !!! My husband was a pilot for over 30 years, and retired 15 years ago. Now he thinks he is in the control of a 747 every afternoon, but is terrified that he cannot remember where he is to land or what is the next part of the procedures. He believes he has the lives of 200 people in crises!!!! He used to calm when I told him that the co-pilot did a good job of landing, but lately he calms for about a minute then forgets that answer and starts trying to figure out how to land the plane again. I've tried to change the subject-go for a walk- distract with sing-a-long, but he just gets more obsessed with trying to solve the airplane problem, and angry at me for trying to distract him from the approaching disaster. Last week I asked his neurologist if some seroquel would help. We are being very cautious tho, at this point we give him 1/4 of a tablet about 1 hour before the usual problem time. it seems to have lightened the anxiety a little-- will probably try 1/2 tablet this week. I suspect that when he calls out in his sleep in the middle of the night, he is most likely to be having this same terrible dream.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Lewy Spouse, I can empathize. My husband was a research chemist and is always asking 'who is in the lab right now', or something about the experiments, etc. And, like your husband, he becomes very agitated about it. These delusions go on every evening. He is also fixated on his bed, or 'boat', as he sometimes calls it. He doesn't believe that is just stays there in the room where it belongs and that it doesn't have any moving parts. He's always wanting to know how it works. :?: On the other hand, I'm relieved he doesn't have 200 people he's responsible for! :lol:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi, everyone. I will only be on occasionally for a few weeks. My 10 month old laptop is in for major repair or rebuild. I'm typing this on my phone - not so easy.

I wanted to say that my Mom has the same communication and memory bevavior. As frustrating as that is, hearing her cry at night is worse. She still tries to hide the worst of her fears so avoids crying when she thinks she won't be heard. No babies, I think, but other visitors at night. If she remembers it, she doesn't say anything the next day.

As long as Mom knows what is happening, her heartbreak is going to be the part that could break me. I can take the communication issues, the contradictions and being told I never told her about plans or news. But, God forgive me, I pray for the day when she no longer is aware or her troubles. Whatever I feel right now, it can't begin to compare to what she's going through. I have to remind myself of that fairly often.

Stay strong!

Kate

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:41 am

I can so relate Kate - I will miss my dad when he's gone, but I pray for the day he is released from this terrible disease that has trapped his mind, his body, and his happiness. There is only one way out at this point, and I have to remind myself that he lived a good, long healthy life for the first 86 years or so. At least he had that. Lynn

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3