View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What is normal? Can the end be getting closer? 

I copied that info and will take it to the Nero, appointment she has Tuesday.
Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Post imaging affairs,etc
My husband continues to imagine I am having affairs if I leave the house or have him go with someone else for coffee, etc. He insists on listening in when the telephone rings and when he hears me talking. Our best friend lives about 2,000 miles away and my husband is certain this is the person I am involved with and will marry when he dies (only if this man is the last one on earth!) I try to change the subject , sneak phone calls in the garage with an excuse to be there when he walks in. This has been going on over about 18 months. I am told it will not stop until near the end. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips, please? I am 17 years younger and this fuels the situation I think. Thank you.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Are you following Dr. Brad Boeve's suggested treatment regimen for delusions (psychosis)? I'd suggest you consult both the Boeve "Continuum" paper and "Mind, Mood & Memory" (a publication by NPF). MM&M is geared more towards laypeople.
Robin

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Janice, I am also quite a bit younger than my husband [16 years]. While I haven't had experience with that particular delusion, my husband does have a lot of delusions involving me. About the best solution I have come up with is, rather than to deny any accusations, to just reaffirm my love for him and telling him I'd never do anything to hurt him. This will often calm him momentarily. However, he will continue in his delusions after a half hour or so. Believe me, there will be no way of putting these ideas to rest once and for all. :(

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Janice, Frank has accused me of cheating for almost 3 yrs and I've tried to change the subject, remind him we've been married for 47 yr and it's always been him that I loved. It doesn't matter what approach I try, he's never going to believe me. I've tried reasoning, acting mad or hurt, and crying, he says I've asked for it and I have only myself to blame. Sooo, I don't bother anymore. He has been going to an Adult day program 2 days a week and I've been working one of the days and everyone knows not to mention my working around him because that's where one of my "boyfriends" work. :twisted: Some of my call are on my cell phone, but he does question some of the conversations, I'm not sure where he come up with some of the things he "thinks" he heard. Things are a little better,he use to check my arms for needle marks and check my nose because he said I was doing drugs, such an imagination!

Good Luck,
Gerry

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3