View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What is normal? Can the end be getting closer? 

Post It is hard.
Tammy, try not to be concerned when she refuses food. In fact, maybe take a break from even offering it. Keep her safe and wait. Also consider taking a break from OT and PT if you have not already. Let her wear herself down as the seroquel takes over. Of course, you already know you cannot reason with her so just be there for her.

Ask yourself, do you notice an infection of any kind, an unusual cough, something different?

DrP

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:47 pm

I finally have her laying down. Her PT and OT came yesterday. Today was supposed to be a calm day for her. No where we had to go and no one was coming over. I know we never know from minute to minute what it will be like. She does not have any symptoms of an infection.I know that can really mess her up.
Her hallucinations just have been getting worse and her defiance, her delusions. I am also exhausted. Her Doctor is out of town for 2 more weeks, Neurologist is Tuesday.
This too shall pass. I love her so much, just tired. She will probably be better once she wakes up. :? At least that is what I am telling myself.
:)
Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Post rest
You should try to rest if she is resting. Keep activity to a minimum at least untill she settles into a deep sleep.

DrP

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Post I was afraid of that
Something is bothering her. Does she have "restless legs" syndrome? Does she have a prescription for anything like that? Do you ever give her anything for pain? She does not understand how to tell you what the problem is but something is keeping her uncomfortable [my guess].

Melatonin for sleep works well with the seroquel for some.

DrP

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm

She hasn't said anything about pain. Her I have RL i understand how it does keep you awake. SHe is still very delusional.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I ask her if she is in pain and she says no. All I have to give her is Tylenol. She does not have a prescript for pain. All I did different today is take her out on the porch and sit. We just got a porch put up with a ramp on it. Could that of done it? I try to make her as comftorble as I can, I don't argue with her. Seroquel is not helping her that much at all. I can tell the nero Tuesday.
Tammy

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Post A puzzle
Tammy, don't give up on the seroquel just because it does not seem to be helping this time. If it is not calming her down but not hurting her, maybe it is helping more than you know. About the porch, that sounds like something nice but who knows what brought on this restlessness. Don't beat up on yourself thinking you have done this to her. Does she tolerate the otc Tylenol usually? I have never heard of it causing a problem when used with the seroquel. It is possible that with the seroquel in her system it is just taking a long time to help. Maybe she will have an early bedtime. That would be good for both of you.

DrP

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:43 pm

If it's any consolation, my husband has days, evenings and nights like that. Thankfully, not every day. He was the same way when he was in the ALF. I have no idea what brings it on. I think an episode is brewing this afternoon, in fact. It's going to be a bumpy night. :(

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Delusions and hallucinations are part of DLB. Sometimes they can be medicated away, and sometimes not. What meds is your mother on for the psychosis?
Robin

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:25 pm

I just want to clarify my above post. My husband has delusions and hallucinations EVERY day, all day, but most severely in the evening. The episodes to which I referred are when he cannot, or will not, sleep or relax, and his anxiety escalates to agitation. His sleeping medications don't even work. Nothing works. Usually, by the next day, he's better.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

My mom is delusional and hallucinations all day too. Calm and I deal with her, to me now that is just her. But how it has been lately is when her hallucinations become more than just talking and you can't physically restrain them, worried about hurting herself or you. SHe gets angry, mean, and will physically try to do what ever she is hallucinating at that time. That is when it gets hard.
She is on for depression: Cymbalta, Carb/levo, Hallucinations: aricept, seroquel.
She went to sleep around 9:30. Just woke up again, I just put her back to bed. Just hard to deal with her like this alone.
Thanks for all your help, I know ya;ll have already been thru this and it helps when I talk to you all. TY :)
Tammy

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:21 am

Hope you got some sleep, Tammy. Last night was a bit rough for us, too. I only slept three hours. The last time I put him back to bed was 3:30 AM and then I couldn't get back to sleep. We always get up at 5:00, anyway. Maybe today will be a better day and I will be able to function, per Philippians 4:13 :D . ---Pat

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 am

I am sorry you did not get alot of sleep. I hope you have a blessed day. It is funny you know, we are so sleepy in the day, from little sleep during the night, Then when night comes it is so hard to fall asleep. lol Mom did sleep after 1am, till 4:30am. So praise God we did get some sleep.
Today she did wake up in a better mood! :)
Please keep reminding me of my quote. I need it. Yesterday after the Lord said Hello??? You have talked to everyone else but you haven't talked to me about this.I talked to HIm all day after that. He did refresh me, and I know he will keep on refreshing us all.
I could never do any of this without Him!
Praying all of us have a calm and blessed day today!
Tammuy

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:01 am

Perhaps you can discuss these medications with the neurologist:
* removing Sinemet
* adding Namenda
* Seroquel dosing
Perhaps a change in the meds will help the situation.
Robin

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next