View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I want to be me! 

Post I want to be me!
I've written before about my mother's excruciating anxiety, which has her almost constantly crying out, begging for help, calling on her deceased mother for help, and shouting out "why must I suffer?" It is tortuous beyond belief. And not what I understand the "typical" situation with Lewey Bodies to be.

She regularly pleads "I'm not me," "this is not the me I know," "I want to be me!" and "make me me!"

No anti-depressant has helped and tranquilizers provide only a temporary numbing effect.

Has anyone else experienced behavior like this? Heard similar words to those my mother continuously speaks?. And if so, has anyone come up with an effective response to all this?

Thanks.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm sorry I have no ideas for you except for taking your mother to see a psychiatrist. Would she go? I think all I can offer is sympathy.
Robin

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks. I've written about this before under "Excruciating Anxiety." Just thought I'd try one more time to see if anyone has this experience.

My mother has seen neuropsychiatrists and neurologists, including some fairly prominant doctors in the Philadelphia area. We have been told things like "there is nothing typical about your mother's situation" and "doesn't fit the pattern."

We appreciate your sympathy and support, as well as that of other members of the Forum.

Perry Block

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:43 am

I am so sorry what you Mom is going through.

We went through that on a very small degree back in 2006 when hubby first started hallucinating. He would ask me " What's wrong with me? What's happening to me?"

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Karen

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:28 pm

Were you able to do anything to alleviate his suffering? If he is still with us, what is his current state?

I appreciate your interest and concern.

Perry Block

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Next time you might consider adding to the "Excrutiating Anxiety" post since it's nice to keep the story together.
Robin

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Can I tack these last few comments on there too, or just start with the next ones back in that original category?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Post Loss of self
Perry,

My mother also complains that she has lost herself. She saw an old picture of herself recently and said "I remember me".

I had an elegant studio picture of my mom that was taken in her early 30's she's wearing a red velvet dresss and pearl drop earrings, with her hair in a 'French twist'. I hung it in the livingroom, which pleased her. She did ask me the next day if that was really her in that photo and asked 'what happened???'.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]