View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 obessing on sexual activities 

Hi, Sunny! Welcome to the forum. My husband has had LBD about seven years now and he is 80. I am 64. We're all in this together and you can count on us for understanding and support. :) --Pat

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Welcome Sunny - sorry you have to be here but at least you can get a lot of support, make friends and get really good info. on this site. Please consider going on the chat as well as the forum. There are often several really nice folks on in the evening, and sometimes it's just helpful to vent there! Lynn

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 pm

There is also a Yahoo LBD Caring Spouses forum just for those of us whose spouses have LBD. --Pat

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 pm

He has been on Aircept for about 6 years, Namenda for 4 years. He has progressed to the point he grabbed me by the arm the other day and tried to throw me to the floor. I was close to the door and could open the door and leave. Now he is "simmering" he remembers the incident, but says it was my fault because I should not have tried to leave!! That incident happened last Thur. and I did't go back to visit until Sun. afternoon. I am wondering if that was the best idea. I certainly will not go back to his room, when I go back by myself. My heart got the message, he is in the correct place, as being home would not work. Oh yes! he said "why don't you take me home and we'll just fight it out! This was all over a delusion, so all of those are still very much there.
Wilma 74

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Post Agression
Oh, Wilma, this is so sad. I'm sorry to hear about it. It puts you in a no-win situation at this time but you know the LBD thing is a roller coaster ride and perhaps soon things will be different and better. The only thing I could add is to try to wipe these bad times out of your mind and know it is not the normal 'him'. I remember walking into the hospital room and hearing the nurses telling Mr B., "Oh look, your wife is here". Mr B. answered that he no longer had a wife, she took him out there in the swamp and left him for the alligators to eat. It took a while but he did not stay with that idea forever.

Dorthea

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm

It has been awhile since I have been on. About a month ago my LO started severe tremoring, this continued for about 3 weeks. The Dr., about a week and half ago made changes in meds I am wondering about, however he is calmer, and has not had more than occasional fine tremors. He has stopped asking why he is in the home, and just says now, "I want to get out for a ride, a meal in a resturant, and visit home for 3 or 4 hours. Here are his meds at present:Namenda 5 Mg. bid (decreased from 10 mg bid). Sinamet 25/100 q day, Deprakote 125 mg bid, Seroquel 25 mg q a m, Seroquel 50 mg q hs, Mysoline 100 mg q hs, Aricept 10 mg q hs. The short term memory is worse, but he continues to know everyone. Do you have any different advice on taking him out for awhile. We have not had problems with the hallucinations. I would not try to take him by myself, but am wondering about trying it with my son present.
Wilma 74

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:35 am

It might not be a good idea to take him home for a visit. A neighbor of mine did that and her husband refused to leave. Maybe if you have someone with you it wouldn't be a problem but why risk it?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:45 am

Is your LO still mobile? If not, a drive by the house might work for all of you. These situations are so individual, it's really hard to say. I thought it would be hard on my dad to see his house last summer when I was taking him from the hospital to rehab. He couldn't walk, so he didn't get out of the car, but it helped him say goodbye to his home of 57 years. I think it was good for him. But if he had been able to walk I don't know that I could have gotten him to leave the house and get back in the car.
He does enjoy a short ride in the car if the caregivers can lift him in and out of the car. Then we take him somewhere for a carry out ice cream or something. He is exhausted after about 30 min. so we head back to the ALF. Lynn

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 pm

He is still walking, quite well in fact except when he is shaking really hard. He says one day he thinks he is ready to go home then the next he is so dizzy and feels so bad he knows he isn't. He seems to recognize on some level he does need to be where he is. It is really hard to know what to do, as this is such an individual thing.
Thanks for your post.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:54 am

2 days after my dad started taking VICODIN for pain he started having sexual misconduct noted on his records. Inappropriate sexual talk to aides and the like. He never did this before and was always very respectful.

I have no doubt Vicodin is somehow responsible for his new lack of inhibition.

It sucks because when he realizes later he is embarrassed and has become more withdrawn because of it.

It is amazing how you can read the charts and notes from nurses and then go back and look at medication orders for a few days before -- and see what the Heck is going on and the nurses don't make the connection because there are too many people and too many shifts.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 am

the nurses don't make the connection because there are too many people and too many shifts
That's a great observation! --Pat

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Post trembling hands
Wilma, the only time Mr B. had tremors and shaking hands was while he was briefly on the medication Depakote. He was such a mess and over medicated that the doctor stopped all medicines [then slowly begain adding his routine meds]. The Depakote was never restarted. The tremoring and shaking hands never returned. Just a thought.

Dorthea

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:50 pm

What an individual thing, my LO had the uncontrollable shakes before he was put on Deprakote.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:17 pm

I have been grateful to find this particular topic of conversation. My dad, 91, is hypersexual. I hope when we get him on the right meds, this will decrease. He accuses one caregiver at the nursing home of seducing him, and he actually tried to sexually assault me one night when I agreed to stay overnight at the nursing home. I'm still talking to my therapist about that one. Also, he uses coarse, graphic sexual language he would never ordinarily use.

Thanks for listening.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next