View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 seeing this girl 

Post seeing this girl
Just had to share a cute thing my mom said today (a good day). She has been talking about this girl for days now that just been hanging around the house everywhere. So today, I kindly told mom that it's just in her head, that the desease does that. After a moment she smiled ever so slightly and said,"guess I don't need a tv set." :lol:

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:35 pm

THAT'S SO CUTE! They come up with some doozies sometimes.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 am

Bless her heart :) Those are moments you will remember. Times like that make a caregivers heart sing.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:46 am

I wasn't sure if anyone would get her joke. We were talking about all the things she see, most of them not frighten but sometime must keep her visually distracted like tv.
I took advantage of the good day and took mom to a small nice resturant my daughter serves at. We ordered before we left and were sitted in a quiet corner with mom's back to the room so she wouldn't be distracted or embarrased. We made sure she had a small water glass and split our plates with her. We (her husband and me) had a nice outting with her.
I haven't mentioned him yet as it's a whole other story, but he is alot more trouble then help!! :roll: Laurie

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 am

I am so glad that you were able to go out with your Mom. That will definitely be one of those wonderfully stored memories.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:05 pm
Profile YIM

We, too, occasionally go out to lunch, mostly with one of our kids, because I'm afraid to go anywhere alone with Johnny since he unbuckled his seat belt one time and opened the car door as we were driving! He always worries that we don't have money to pay for our lunch or that we're going to run out of gas. Yesterday was one of those days. I don't know if it's coincidental or what, but ususally it's after one of these outings that he hallucinates...and he really did yesterday evening. The train was off the track and was going to ruin the whole U.S....and go all the way to Alaska (we're in Texas) and please call Don (who's that?) because I don't know how to use the phone and you do. He worried and worried even after we got in bed. Kept trying to get up to see if everyone was all right (no one is here but us), and about 10PM he looked at me and asked, "Are you 6?" "No, I'm 66 and you're 67 and we've been married 44 years." "Are you Mary?" "Don't know any Mary, I'm Judy. Don't I sound like Judy?" "Yes." So off go the lights, so he can hear me and not see me. :lol: Still did not sleep until after 2AM, then slept until I woke him and gave him meds at 9 and back to sleep till 11:30. Up for breakfast, shower and brush teeth, then back to bed where he is now. As much as I've heard not to let LOs nap too much so they will sleep at night, it doesn't seem to matter here. If he has one of those nights, he won't sleep and if he's OK at bedtime he will sleep. And because of the Parkinson's symptoms, he doesn't get out of bed after he's been asleep awhile. Guess he's "froze up." Since I don't leave him alone during the day, I can get up in the AM early (if he's slept good) and go for a walk. That's my time out and keeps me sane.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]