View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bathroom Issues Return 

Post Bathroom Issues Return
Laying here in tears. Thought by using the male urinal we had my LOs bathroom issues under control.
Wednesday is my turn to host our ladies group (25 of us) so I only have to do this once every 2 years! LO is unhappy he cannot be present...nope...this is ladies only! So my neighbor is taking him to dinner and they will watch tv at his house...for only 3 hours.
Had the cleaning crew in here to clean the house from top to bottom so there is no "odor." House is crisp and clean...sparkling.
Sure as the sun shines: two hours after they leave I check on the LO and here he is...standing in the dressing room...whizzing all over the place with the urinal on the counter one foot away. I had just helped him go to the bathroom 2 hours prior to that.
Feeling sorry for myself??? YES...I am! Sad that I cannot have 3 hours to share my home once every 2 years! And... angry, sad, upset at the lewies who have invaded our life.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Mon May 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Post Rue the day
Dianne, life can seem so unfair at times... You made all the right plans and worked so hard to have things turn out the way they should but it was not meant to be. I wish I could say something to make you feel better but as you know, things cannot be changed, this is the way it happened and you go on from here. Please remember when you post here you are talking to folks who have been there and we know exactly how disappointed and hurt you feel. But you win some and you lose some... With Lewy the odds are against us winning more than we lose so we grab an occasional win and celebrate.

Tomorrow is a new day and we start from scratch. May we all have a dry night and here's hoping the aim will be good... Did I tell about finding the drinking water glass filled with amber colored liquid one morning? What a surprise.

Goodnight, Dianne, sweet dreams.

DrP

Tue May 19, 2009 3:25 am

sprinkle baking soda all over the dressing room and hope for the best. It does seem like everytime we plan something the Lewy's come out in force.
Sharon

Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 am

Diane, I have also found the urinal is only as good as the holder of the urinal. I've decided to paint the bottom of the urinal hoping that Frank will notice and not hold it upside down. We need to shed tears sometimes because we know it's not's not going to get better. As Dorthea said, grab on, and enjoy the good days.

Have a good time with your ladies group.

Tue May 19, 2009 10:48 am

Thanks to each of you for the support. I feel rather stupid for letting such a small thing get to me..but it did. I guess I let some self pity creep in. Life isn't always fair but I was hoping I could just sqeak out one day without incident...but the darned lewies won't allow that of course! Awoke this morning to the same thing again...and so the day begins.
A glass of it Dorthea? Ewwww...guess it can show up anywhere. Good warning...I will keep an eye out for that too. Mr. B really was in good aim that day. :) Tough trying to stay a step ahead of these lewies.Will try the baking soda in the rinse water...hopefully that will help. So sad as our home is only 3 years old.
Going to turn on some music, sing a bit and think happy thoughts...need to change my mindset. Can't allow those lewies to get the best of me.

Thanks again group. :)

Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 am

a couple of things that do absorb odor- baking soda or the charcoal they use in fish tanks- a small bowl in the corner might help
Sharon

Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 am

Oh so true...the urinal is a huge help but is only as good as the holder. Usually I do that but these 2 times he got in there and tried himself before I found him "trying." I guess he gets an "A" for effort. Let me know if painting the bottom helps.

Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 am

Sorry to hear what your going through, yes we all have been there and will continue to be there. Sometimes the aim for John is good, but when it isn't, I just know what kind of day its going to be. Do we loose it, absolutly yes and then that only triggers more upsetment in our LO's.

My concern is if I place John in a locked Assisted living facility, will they give him the boot if he has these bathroom issues. So much to think of, I am at a lose at times I just don't know what is the right thing to do now.

B Myers

Tue May 19, 2009 11:19 am

We are all trying to do the right thing but at times its difficult for all of us. I am feeling sad today because my LO told me this morning (after the 2nd mess) that he was sorry for the accidents when he knew I wanted things nice for when the ladies come over. I know it isn't his fault and told him so...just upset with the lewies...and maybe felt like a good cry.

Know exactly how you feel about what to do. I would think at the facilities they would be used to bathroom issues and other things. I am trying to keep my LO at home as long as possible and hopefully it will be till the end. I do know that since that horrible episode we had 2 months ago...if need be I would place him in a home...for his good AND mine. It taught me that I am not a professional nurse and though I am trying my best, I may not be able to provide the care he will need. Take one day at a time.

And thank you for the kind thoughts.

Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Can you tell the ladies you mis-heard and thought it was a "pee party" instead of a "tea party"? Keep smiling! :wink:

Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

HaHa Haaa Haaaa Haaa! Thanks for the huge laugh...I really needed that! What a GREAT idea! Some would think its hilarious...others would not. We play a crazy dice game, everyone brings an appetizer to share and we laugh, visit and have a great time! For a brief time I forget about LBD!
Waiting to hear how things went with the landlady, the speech, the book, etc. Been wondering how you are.

Wed May 20, 2009 3:03 am

I'm sorta new and have been reading these messages and I have had some crazy experiences too...my OL would pees in anything he sees. Wastebaskets, sinks, bathtubs....because of the PD his hands became so shaky when he was trying to go in the toilet....he wanted me to hold his penis steady for him....well, I really didn't feel comfortable doing this so now, I have him sit on the toilet...we have a higher toilet and a grab bar. I have to help him - yep, every time. I also keep an old towel around the base of the toilet as we have carpet in the bathroom. Use a lot of Febreze too.

Hope your party went well and I believe IF anyone smelled anything - they would understand.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Party was wonderful thanks for asking. That little once a month game is my real sanity in all of this. I truly look forward to it. If anyone smelled anything...they didn't say a word. I scrubbed till I couldn't anymore...Febrezed anything and everything that didn't move. Opened all of the windows, simmered cinnamon sticks for a while in the afternoon. :roll: Guess it all worked. I told a couple of the ladies what Renata said and we all had a great belly laugh over it. :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 am

jweeks, I took a clue from Diane C and got a urinal at the drug store. If I hear Frank go into the bathroom I go to help. He was usually holding the urinal himself but it was upside down, above or below his equipment so then I was washing the floor, easier to hold the urinal. I did paint the bottom so he would realize it was upside down, that has helped if I don't hear him in the bathroom. Seeing you have to help your husband on and off the toilet I think you might find it easier with the urinal. You don't have to struggle pulling everything back up, because you just have to unbutton and unzip. So it comes down to helping them or cleaning up after. :?

Take care, Gerry

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next