View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New Member. First Post 

Post New Member. First Post
Hello to all. I have been searching for a forum like this and have enjoyed reading many of the posts. My mother is 88, diagnosed LBD in 2000, and has been living with my wife and me since then. For the past 3 years I have been her primary caregiver, given up working outside the home, and just need to communicate with other people in the same situation. It gets lonely many times during the day while my wife is working and I sit here and watch my mother disentegrate. Don't mean to sound so bitter, I hate the disease, not the person, and it's my choice to do what I am doing. I feel if she were in a nursing home she would have been gone long ago and she doesn't want to be in a nursing home either. I'll respond to whoever, whenever. Hope you all have a good day, God Bless, and looking forward to next post.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:42 am
Let me welcome you here to the LBD forums, we all here understand what you and your family are going through, I understand what you are saying about a Nursing home I also could not put my Husband in a home, but some have to for many reasons and my heart goes out to them, for what they emotionally put them selves through doing it. So fire away with thoughts and questions there will always be someone around to help with the isolation of LBD to caregivers, there is a caregivers group for children of LBD patients if you are interested in it let me know I will tell you how if you have not already found your way there.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:11 pm

Post WELCOME BUCKSKIN
Hi Buckskin,
Sorry to hear about your Mother. I know how difficult it can be to watch them change before your very eyes. When you spend so much time with them it is easy to see the constant changes and it is so diffcult to handle emotionally. I think it's wonderful that you are taking care of your Mom at home vs a nursing home. I know it's a diffuclt decision to make either way and I feel for all who have to make that decision.
I see Irene welcomed you to this forum. Irene is wonderful. She definitely has the most knowledge of anyone on here and is always so willing to help and share in spite of the fact that she lost her dear husband last year and still continues to be a part of this forum. She is my inspiration.
I don't have the experience, YET, but am still learning as I go through this journey.
I will keep you and your Mother and family in my prayers during this holiday season.
My best,
Diane Hill

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:38 pm

Post Thank you.
Diane, I thank you for the welcome and reply. Yes, it's sad to see them change before your eyes. The disease is so sneaky and can change them from day to night in such a short period of time. Mom started to not being able to feed herself about 2 weeks ago and now it's back to she is feeding herself. She gets lost in the house, thank the Lord she's not a wanderer, and takes directions pretty good. I have to assist her in the bathroom, give her baths, and she sometimes thinks I am her father. It's a full circle of them giving birth to us, bathing, feeding, and taking care of us and now it's our turn in their last days. Merry Christmas and we'll keep you in prayer.

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]