View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Learning about Dementia 

Post Learning about Dementia
Hi, my name is Natasha and I am a senior at Champlain College. I am conducting a research project for a senior level marketing class and I would appreciate all help I can get. I have formulated some questions that I would appreciate being answered to aid in my research relating to dementia. Thank you in advance.

1) What do you think of a business that offers a service to collect memories for those experiencing memory loss? Please explain.

2) Would you use a service that can store memories that is accessible by family members, but might be used for research relating to memory loss? Please explain.

3) Would having this information prevent you from healing and moving on from death? Please explain.

4) Morally, how do you feel about this type of service? Please explain.

Thank you so incredibly much for helping me by answering these questions. I am happy to clarify any additional questions you might have as well.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 am

Post Re: Learning about Dementia
Hi Natasha, I am so pleased with interest in this frustrating disease. I am going to answer your questions as honestly as I can.

1) What do you think of a business that offers a service to collect memories for those experiencing memory loss? Please explain.
What kind of business is this? What is the process? Is it time consuming? One of the things i struggle with the most is having my grandmother not remember me as much anymore. If there was a way I could preserve that before it gets worse would interest me.

2) Would you use a service that can store memories that is accessible by family members, but might be used for research relating to memory loss? Please explain.
This is a question I would want to make sure my grandmother fully understood before she started this process. I would want to make sure she understood that this is an experiment and will be used to further research. I think it would be an interesting idea, but I wonder about privacy? Who else gets to hear about my grandmothers personal memories?

3) Would having this information prevent you from healing and moving on from death? Please explain.
I think it will be like having the memory of my grandmother in a tangible way. But I do worry that this could be used as a crutch and will not allow people to move on from grief, but for those who are losing a loved one, holding on a little longer is always what we want.

4) Morally, how do you feel about this type of service? Please explain.
I think it is an interesting idea, I have lots of questions about it and I think it could potentially be a great resource. I think the main thing is that you would have to make sure the people who have this disease are very clear on what is going on and what is being done.

These are great questions and a really interesting topic. It has intrigued me. I hope this helps!
-Chloe

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi - would love to talk with you about your project. I've been involved in this forum for about 6 yr. Let me know if you'd like to get together to meet in the student center. I live in SB, about 5 min. from the Champlain campus. Lynn

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Lynn,

I would love to talk. However the project is due tonight for my class. If you see this before I submit my work I would appreciate brief answers from you regarding your experience and my questions. I truly appreciate your willingness to meet, but this project is meant to be done online. Thank you for being readily open. It is greatly appreciated.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 pm

LTCVT wrote:
Hi - would love to talk with you about your project. I've been involved in this forum for about 6 yr. Let me know if you'd like to get together to meet in the student center. I live in SB, about 5 min. from the Champlain campus. Lynn

Lynn, if you would also contact me we can talk about this more in private.
Thank you.

Natasha

Last edited by Natasha on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Natasha - I suggested we meet because your questions are a bit ambiguous and could require rather lengthy answers. I think a conversation would save some time and eliminate a lot of miscommunication! I can meet this weekend if that works for you.
Lynn

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]