View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Support for research 

Post Support for research
Robin and Irene,

After learning of Bill Gates donation of 19 billion for charity I wrote and received the followiing response. Doesn't mean they will do anything but perhaps if someone from LBDA.org contacts them, we can get some financial support for research.

Dear Mr. Mc Cormick,

Thank you for contacting the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Your letter to Mr. Gates has been forwarded to the foundation's Grantee & Public Communications team for reply.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your ideas and suggestions with the foundation and are sorry to hear about how these diseases have affected your family. It is always encouraging to hear from individuals like you who are dedicated to helping others and spreading awareness about important issues.

As you may already know, the foundation's work stems from our belief that all lives have equal value. We think all people deserve the chance to live healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, we focus on improving people's health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, we seek to ensure that all people-especially those with the fewest resources-have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life.

We invite you to visit our web site at www.gatesfoundation.org for more information about our programs.

Again, many thanks for writing and best wishes for the future.

Sincerely,

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Grantee & Public Communications
www.gatesfoundation.org

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 19:42 PM
To: Info
Subject: For Mr Gates

Dear Mr Gates,

I note with pleasure the generosity of yourself and wife to charities. I beg you to please direct some of your contributions to the Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia foundations in hopes they can come up with a cure.

My wife of 46 years has LBD with Parkinsonism and our wonderful life together has been shattered by this disease. Please find it in your heart to help me by directing some of the grant to these organizations. I long to see my wife's abilities return.

Thank you for reading this

Donald Mc Cormick
3853 Champion Oak Dr

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 am

Post Re: Support for research
Donald,
That was nice of you to write a letter to the Gates Foundation. I'm not sure the LBDA is currently financially supporting LBD-related research but I may be wrong on that. So perhaps one approach is to identify an organization (such as Mayo) that is funding LBD research, and help them.
Robin

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Post Re: Support for research
Dear Donald,
How thoughtful of you, I am sure if you contacted the LBDA they would be able to tell you where the research is actually going on for LBD !
Here it the office Telephone number if you would like to speak to someone about this 404-935-6444

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]