View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Neuropathology Report Received on Mom 

Post Neuropathology Report Received on Mom
The report showed that mom did not have Lewy Body Disease. She had the pathology of early AD, arteriosclerotic vascular disease, and several strokes as well as white matter damage. Because she had displayed so many of the LBD symptoms and this was her "clinical" diagnosis, this was quite a surprise to our family. Also, we couldn't understand how she'd had so many strokes that we were unaware of--even after having some cat scans done. Because she lost all mobility and suffered so many of the LBD symptoms, I really thought the neurologist had to be right in his initial diagnois. However, I am aware that this is what many families find out from the path reports. I'm again grateful for Robin's efforts in coordinating the donation on our behalf. It's good to know one's family health history for future generations. I encourage all of you to consider brain donation for your own peace of mind as well as aiding in the research of this terrible disease. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with all the LBD patients and especially for their caregivers. May God grant you strength, peace, and patience and supply you with ample energy to continue caring for your loved ones.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Neuropathology Report Received on Mom
Thank you, kitkat, for sharing the information with us. It does seem that many degenerative brain disorders display the same family of symptoms. Thank you also for enlarging the scope of understanding of these diseases.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Yes, thank you for sharing these results. It is helpful in understanding the disease and also in preparing for what could happen later. Without the things I have learned from this forum, I would never expect that my mother's diagnosis could be incorrect.

Julianne

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I also thank you for posting the results. So much to think about, isn't it, as you read the report again over and over. I'm glad you know... and I'm glad the forum members know. This forum in itself is huge for research! So much knowledge here.

I have read over and again the last moments of your mom"s passing. It was so heartwarming and beautiful.

Again we appreciate you sharing so much so personal. We love you.

Dorthea

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice", This is the way my husband, Mr B., introduced me in 2006 to the people only he knew. Death due to pneumonia. Lewy Body Dementia diagnosed post mortem at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm

KitKat,
Heartfelt thanks to you for posting the results of the studies done, at least you and the family knows the cause.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile WWW

Kathie,
My condolences again to you on your dear mother's passing. And my thanks to your mother for donating her brain to research and to you for making that happen. The brain donation will certainly help all the fine physicians your family worked with to know what "mixed dementia" looks like, and the donated tissue will enable research into mixed dementia.
Best wishes to you and your family,
Robin

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]