View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Path report received 

Post Path report received
Hey,
I just wanted everyone to know I received the path report from Mayo yesterday. It was positive for Lewy Body. My suspicions have been correct all along. He did suffer a massive stroke at the end which was the acute cause of death.
I have to say I have a lot of mixed emotions today.
I also received a very nice thank you from the MD at Mayo. He specifically thanked me for sending clinical history because at this point they have "none".

Please everyone who can find the strength, donate your loved ones brain. It is our only hope to others with this cruel and bewildering disease.

I am so grateful that this forum has been available to me for support. Although, I didn't post often, I did gain a lot of comfort and knowledge from you all.

God Bless you all and the loved ones you care for!!! Be strong....

My motto is now.... "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened." Dr. Suess

Sandilee

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Post Re: Path report received
Sandilee, I am so glad you have the closure of knowing what it actually was and I also want to thank you for the gift because you are right it is the only way we can help others down the road!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you so much for the gift of post mortem brain donation to research. Not an easy path but the rewards are great, to you and others in the future. There will come a time when diagnosis and more understanding treatment will be available partly because of your participation. You are in my thoughts for a peaceful life.

Dorthea

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Thank you again for making such a precious donation possible. It's only through such donations that discoveries can be made about Lewy Body Disease.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]