View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Body Donation when Overweight 

Post Body Donation when Overweight
My dad has been diagnosed with LBD and is not doing well at all. He told me that he is interested in donating his body, but he is severly overweight. From the research that I have done, it appears that he is not a candidate for body donation. Is anyone aware of an organization that might be willing to take him? We live in Oklahoma if that makes a difference.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. I just found these boards today.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Post Re: Body Donation when Overweight
Hi Angie and welcome to the LBD forum. Sorry you haven't found this before now, but I'm glad you're here. It's a wonderfully supportive and informative community of people all going through very similar situations. I don't know what stage your dad is in, but one of my dad's symptoms has been that he has lost 95 lb. in about a year. Do you know if your dad's weight is stable or not?
Perhaps someone else has experience with body donation and weight (I don't) but it seems like a lot of our LOs are losing quite a bit of weight with their dementia and other related health issues.
The chat is a good place for info., venting and getting support too if you want to try that sometime. Lynn

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Post Re: Body Donation when Overweight
This has been discussed elsewhere. Perhaps you can do a search. Does your father want to donate his brain separately for contribution to LBD research?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]