View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Donations to LBDA 

Post Donations to LBDA
My husband died this month after a horrendous past three months. We had a beautiful memorial service and in the obituary, I asked for donations to LBDA. I would just like to let everyone know that I received a quick acknowledgment from this organization with the name of a donor. I was a little concerned, because the listings of donations on this site seem to be a little behind. I'm relieved that I can thank these friends promptly. Thanks LBDA
JudyPat

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

My condolences on your husband's passing.

The LBDA certainly doesn't list its donors on the LBDA Forum. I don't think they are listed on lbda.org either. It sounds like there may be some misunderstanding or misinformation out there about the LBDA's "tributes" program. Bethann posted a few months ago -- see http://community.lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1903 -- thinking that those who donated on lbda.org and entered in memorial tributes would be able to view those tributes or that the tributee's family would be able to view those tributes or comments.

I don't know of any non-profit organization you donate to that would publicly show those tribute comments to everyone. And, typically, if a memorial donation is made, the family receives notification of who made the donation. I'm not sure that the donor's tribute comments are ever passed on. When I asked for Bethann back in November, I was told by Kim O'Tool, the Admin Asst at the LBDA, that they would print out any tributes and mail them to the Bethann.

Robin

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Post Donations
Thanks, Robin
I can't see in my comments that I expected to see any tribute comments on this forum or elsewhere. That would be private. And the forum wouldn't be the place for donations lists! My comment wasn't meant to be a complaint, but a positive comment.

If you check the top purple menu line, "Help Us Grow" and then click "Donors" in the menu list under that, you will see a "In Memory and In Honor Category" Donors to our cause are listed there. Bless them.

Apparently, someday, my husband's donators will be on that list IF they chose to be. I just meant to let our people know that they will not have to wait for this list to be updated to be informed of people who made donations. And that the letters were quickly sent out. That's a good thing.
. And fortunately, such donations ARE listed on this site if people chose.
Judy

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Post Addendum to last post re Donations
Actually, after getting on the home page, in order to check donations, one would have to click "Ways to Give" on the purple menu line, then click "Donate on LIne" THEN go to "Help Us Grow" THEN " Donate" Wow, it is a little convoluted!
Judy Pat

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Sadly, navigating on lbda.org is nearly always convoluted! I have long since given up telling people how to navigate to the Boeve "Continuum" paper.

It took a bit, but I finally figured out the donor list you were talking about. It's at:
http://www.lbda.org/category/4119/in-me ... -honor.htm

It says "The following individuals were honored or memorialized during the period of September 1, 2007 – April 30, 2008."

As you said, this is very out of date! Really, the LBDA should either do a better job of keeping this up to date or it should eliminate this page.

I noticed early a page of LBDA milestones. The last milestone was in November 2008!

Sorry to have assumed that what your comment was about was the same as Bethann's comment (about not being able to find the tributes).

Robin

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 pm

JudyPat, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, such a sad way for our loved ones to end their time here. There will be a void that will be impossible to fill, but you know he is finally at peace.
Take Care,
Gerry

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]