View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Report is in 

Post Report is in
My dear forum friends, Some of you may remember that my husband, Mr B., passed away on the 20th of November, 2009. I have received the report. I cannot begin to tell you how I feel having my thoughts validated. I will post a story about my journey of searching for answers at another time on another subject section. I intended to do it tonight but I have ended up with a drippy nose, sore throat and perhaps a little fever so the best thing for me is to crawl into bed. My eyes hurt. I just did not want to postpone the report any longer. This was signed by Dr Dickson, himself.

I have said before, we are the first generation to suppy the scientists with information and for it to be acknowledged in this way lets me know we are going in the right direction.

Look for my future entry entitiled, "impostor No More". I will walk through my journey. It ended with me shedding tears for the first time after the death of my husband. I weep only when I rejoice.

DrP

Mayo Clinic

Neuropathology Laboratory Birdsall Medical Research Building 4500 San Pablo Road

Jacksonville, Florida 32224

December 21 , 2009

Mrs. Dorthea Perrin

Dear Mrs. Perrin:

Enclosed please find a copy of the neuropathology report on your late husband Robert. He had multiple pathologic processes, including Alzheimer's disease (AD), Lewy Body dementia (LBO), and multiple infarcts (strokes). He also had changes consistent with long standing blindness. The tissue has been saved and will be used for experimental research.

I would like to extend our condolences to you along with our appreciation for allowing us to study tissue from your husband. I also appreciate your efforts in obtaining clinical information for our records. These are useful for understanding the pathology, and we have nothing at this time. It is only through the generous donation of tissue from loved ones, often at very difficult times, by individuals such as yourself that we are able to make any progress in research towards better understanding what causes, as well as how we may one day better diagnose, treat, and prevent disorders of this nature.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Dennis W. Dickson, M.D. Neuropathology Consultant

Ene[/quote]

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 am

I think you should change your tagline to "Imposter no more!"

You get a gold star for a correct diagnosis of DLB for Mr. B, especially when you supplied this diagnosis before any MD! And you get a gold star for your scientific endeavors -- providing Mr. B's brain for future DLB (and AD) research. Still, we must save a gold star for Mr. B -- a generous person to the very end.

My sincerest thanks,
Robin

PS. Hope you recover soon from your cold.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:11 am

DrP: Bless you for being so courageous & loving well beyond the end of the journey with Mr. B. I thank you for your inspiration which helps me on a daily basis.

I do hope you'll be feeling better & that we'll soon see you back here with all your loving friends. Fondly, Dee

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]