View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Personality change as early indicator? 

Post Personality change as early indicator?
This study is a couple of years old, but I just stumbled across the synopsis. It suggests that personality changes (i.e., increasing passivity) may be evident in advance of recognizable cognitive decline in LBD. That was certainly true in our case.

Here's the link: http://www.michaeljfox.org/newsEvents_p ... cfm?ID=204

Garnet

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm

A news release (from May 2007) on this research is posted here:
http://community.lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366

The news release is about using a personality test to differentiate DLB from AD.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:37 pm

I'd just like to add that it seems to me that the articles focuses mainly on these changes occuring in LBD, but I think this happens in all kinds of dementia. At one of our appts. with the g-psych, he chuckled recalling how I appeared at the first appt. with a book about divorce late in life. I clearly recall finding this book at the library that was so insightful about changes that occur late in a marriage for which spouses often seek divorce. The dr. agreed with me & said that older couples seeking out marriage counseling have appeared in his office on occasion. Well that was me. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Of course the last thing you think of at a time like this is dementia. Who knew? :o :shock: I couldn't believe that this person I was married to was becoming so isolated & uncommunicative, spending money irresponsibly & seemingly confused about so many simple things. Thanks for listening & I hope this makes sense. Anyone else been thru this? It might be interesting to take an informal poll. Dee

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 am

Forgot to add that I found the article extremely helpful to me. You'all know, like a lightbulb going off! An AHA moment. Dee :)

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]