View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 You Tube Information 

Post You Tube Information
Many of you may already be familiar with this, but I wanted to put it out there for any who don't know about it. On You Tube is a 7-part video presentation of the "Behavioral Challenges With Lewy Bodies" by Tanis J. Ferman, PhD on the staff at Mayo Clinic in Florida. It takes about an hour to watch each segment of her presentation, but it it valuable information for all of us caregivers. Just go to You Tube and type in Lewy Body Dementia. You'll find this presentation from June 8, 2008. It will help you know you're not alone in everything you're experiencing.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:41 pm

I encourage you (and all newcomers) to browse through the first page of posts in each of the Forum sections. There's a lot of good stuff that has been posted.

In Gerry's post here -- http://community.lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1702 -- she gives the URL for LBDA TV on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/lbdatv
She likes the Dr. Stewart video.

And Victoria posted here -- http://community.lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835 -- about the YouTube videos as well (including the Tanis Ferman one).

Robin

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Post is there a transcript
I have just watched Dr. Ferman's video - I had not seen it recommended before. It is very interesting and "true", and I wish that we had had the support and insight of a neuro-psychologist like her in the difficult months after the diagnosis and mum's steep decline. I would like to share this with my father (who is Italian): he can read English but cannot follow spoken English. Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anybody know if there is a transcript of Dr. Ferman's presentation? I can see the video was sponsored by LBDAtv so maybe LBDA has it? Thanks a lot for your help, Sofia

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm

The event where Tanis Ferman spoke was a local event, not sponsored by the LBDA. To my knowledge, no transcript was made.

I took notes a couple of years ago when I first saw this presentation but I never posted these. Why? I really didn't get anything out of her presentation!

Have you read the Tanis Ferman article mentioned above? See:
http://www.lbda.org/feature/1898&cfid=4 ... mentia.htm
I don't know if the content is similar enough that this would be a stand-in for a transcript? Otherwise, go to LBDA.org and search for "Ferman." Perhaps something there will be a stand-in for the transcript.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]