View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I was on Good Morning Central Oregon this morning 

Any chance the TV segment is available online? I dug around here but couldn't find it:
http://www.cotv11.com/gmco_index.asp?pageID=gmco

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I don't think I'm the right person to participate in the talking, but I'd love to participate in the planning! There are many in the local support group who could speak far more eloquently than I ever could about dealing with LBD -- both active and veteran caregivers. And if you wanted a "factual" expert, there are several neurologists I know of who would be excellent and even a PhD researcher looking into alpha-synuclein (and therefore LBD) who is quite uplifting to hear speak. There is the PBS station in town. Michael Krasney at KQED does a two-hour radio show in the mornings on different topics. He did a great interview with Dave Iverson in conjunction with the "My Father, My Brother, and Me" TV program on PD. And there's another local radio station that did a good interview with Dr. Graboys and wife Vicki that was pretty good as well. Let's do it!
Robin

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:00 am

Post The growth of an idea
This excitement seems more than I can stand but I will risk it as I listen to you two plan spreading the word. Go for it!

DrP

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice", This is the way my husband, Mr B., introduced me in 2006 to the people only he knew. Death due to pneumonia. Lewy Body Dementia diagnosed post mortem at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 am

May help to get aid from the M. J. Fox Foundation. I am sure they have the right "contacts" to help get this publicized and out there. Can't wait to get a feed of your interview. Way to go!!! :)

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am

Mm this is so awesome!!!! I wish I could help you but I don't have a clue as to how you go about any of this. I agree about the M.J. Fox foundation and even if they could give you pointers as to how to get this out more in the open. Praying for this all to come to fruition!

Is there any kind of foundation to do with Estelle Getty and her LBD that maybe would be a help getting the word out more? It seems to me that Beatrice Arthur has spoken out about it somewhere, I may be wrong here but I am sure I saw some reference that Bea Arthur had made about it after Estelle died.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:59 pm
Profile WWW

I have the national media contacts and experience to help get national visibility when we have our messaging and pitch together. Just need a month or so to get our move completed. Whenever you get the tape or dvd from the station, MM, it can be uploaded to youtube (with station's permission -- or simply ask if they would be willing to upload it to youtube themselves) -- the lbda website, or even the hospital's website. That way anybody in the world could see it.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Hooray for you! What a brave and awesome thing you did. :D Congratulations!

Joyce K

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]