View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sleep disorders 

Post Sleep disorders
I have read this article today on LBD and sleep disorders and found it very interesting.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 121608.php

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not sure what the new news is with that Neurology journal article. It has been established for many years now that RBD(REM sleep behavior disorder) is often a precursor to PD, LBD, or MSA. This study is not a very strong one because the diagnoses of those with neurodegenerative disorders has not been confirmed upon brain autopsy. (Boeve has published a much stronger study.)

Perhaps this is the new news: "The estimated five-year risk of developing a neurodegenerative disease [presumably if one has RBD] was 18 percent, with the 10-year risk at 41 percent and the 12-year risk at 52 percent."

Robin

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:03 pm

There is so much interesting information coming to light. Thanks for sharing.

Today I read about a possible vaccine/cure for the common cold virus. Study from UW in Madison, Wi and another in Ill. Lets keep our fingers crossed that a break through will come soon for LBD and other dementia diseases. :)

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

I am sorry if I am bringing something up here that is maybe old hat to some of you but the study that I have posted about here has just come out in the science journal on January 2, 2009. With it there is some new information and besides that people that have not been on here may also not be aware that there has even been a study done.

Dianne just what I have seen alone I know that there is so much new stuff coming up. That is awesome about the common cold vaccine and like you I too am keeping my fingers crossed that a break through will come soon for LBD and other dementia diseases. :D

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 am
Profile WWW

No need to apologize. What is new to you may be new to someone else.

The presence of RBD is an easy way to distinguish LBD and AD.

I don't know if you might find this old post interesting reading:
http://lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=361

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]