View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 MIND symposium, November 5th 

Post Trip away from home
I think he will hold it together while you are gone and there will be a let down when you return and you will be able to tend to him then. Just a guess.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Go, Manymoons, and take a couple of extra days to do something for yourself, away from the LBD/PD world. After six years, you deserve the break. And there'd be nothing to feel guilty about. He'll be taken care of, and you'll feel better coming back.

Do it, and then write back with encouragement to all others who've been too reluctant to take a break.

Garnet

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm

You go, girl! But I sure do understand your reticence -- I'm still trying to figure out what to do next week when I have to make a day trip to San Diego for a speaking engagement (Had to take it for the income). Will I be less anxious leaving Jerome home with "someone" or packing him in the car and taking him to San Diego with me.

Couple of thoughts --

1. Your idea of an overnight dry run with the aide and yourself is good. Try seeming to be absent on the dry run so you'll know what he is like when he really thinks you are not there.

2. Can you start propagandizing DO several times a day about this trip and what a great thing you two are doing in making this challenge announcement to this important community of researchers? Does he have enough cognition to pick up on that at all and feel linked to what this trip is about?

3. Is there any medication that can be safely increased that would make him or keep him sleepy or out of it for most of the time you would be gone?

4. If you decide for your own and DO's sake not to make this trip, how about producing a short videotape (3 minutes or so) making your announcement, and having it played at the conference in the slot when you would have spoken live? In fact, it might make a greater impact, and you then can also send/e-mail the video announcement to other foundations/orgs/researchers/potential major donors, upload to your foundation website, YouTube, and the LBD website (to play automatically upon going to the site).

Just some thoughts -- let me know if I can help you in any way!

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Post Mind Symposium Nov 5
Dear Many Moons,
Try to find the strength to go to this important event. You need to take time for yourself. Your loved one will be fine because of the wonderful care you always provide. Trust in yourself as your loved one trusts you. God Bless.

Joyce K

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:20 am

Post Mind Symposium
Dear Many Moons,

Good for you for attending the symposium. It sounds like it was a a success. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. God Bless.

Joyce K

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]