View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Website that might help people 

Post Website that might help people
This might be old news to those of you who've been dealing with this longer, but I found a really cool website yesterday that my sister and I are very excited about. (We've been struggling with trying to get ahold of each other to coordinate visits home because of work schedules, etc.)

It's called Lotsa Helping Hands -- https://alzheimers.lotsahelpinghands.co ... care/home/

Basically you set up a private, by-invitation-only website for people who are helping to care for someone. It has a calendar where you can schedule needs (someone to drive to the dr., someone to stay the night, etc.) and the members can sign up for those shifts. There are also message boards, photo galleries and a place for storing health info and doctor's #s etc. where everybody can get to them from wherever they happen to be.

Also, my siblings and I had been emailing updates to each other each time we visited. But now we can all post them in one place and you can scroll through and read them in order.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Post Re: Website that might help people
I'm so happy that you have lots of helping hands. What a blessing. I live in Virginia and my only sister lives in Texas. Maybe I could use it for updates to her at a least.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Post Re: Website that might help people
There's also a Parkinson's Disease-related Lotsa Helping Hands website:

http://apda.lotsahelpinghands.com/caregiving/home/

These websites are really helpful to some families.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]