View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 keeping Dad stimulated? 

Post Re: keeping Dad stimulated?
Thank you for your insight, Craig. Helpful for us to hear it from 'inside Lewy'.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Craig ~ All I can say is thank you for letting us know what it is like having Lewy Body Disease. I hope you will continue posting! Yes, I have thought my husband looks tortured but have never seen those exact words used. He is only 69 and has been exhausted for several years. His grandmother said of his grandfather, "He is the laziest man I ever met"! Now we know why he acted "lazy" because he must have had this disease. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.
Blessings,
Roxanne

My husband's first diagnosis in 2006 at age 64: Early Cortical Lewy Body Disease. He passed in Oct. 2013 at age 71. Autopsy indicated evidence for late-stage Alzheimer's only. NO Lewy Bodies were found in the hemisphere of his brain that was studied..?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Yes - it is so insightful to hear you 'think', Craig - I appreciate your postings and your attitude! My dad turns to me for an answer when asked personal questions including, 'How do you feel when your meds kick in?' and with him, it is all a guessing game from my end to try to determine what's going on or what's needed... wish he could communicate 'along the way' as you do....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I was trying to come up with some kind of activities for my mom because I felt guilty that she doesn't get out of the house anymore, but when I asked her if she'd like to go to the local senior center occasionally, she was adamant about " That doesn't sound like any fun at all!" Then I noticed today when she had to go in for an infusion, the nurse started asking her questions and she told her that she'd "rather have my daughter answer for me". It takes her time to process things that people say to her and she can't always find the right words to respond with and I think this is embarrassing to her. I know that the neuro-psychologist that we saw told us to try to remember to keep things slow and quiet for her to keep her from getting stressed trying to track things. So if she's happy staying home watching tv ( and she says she is), I'm fine with that.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2