View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Last Days experience - with hospice care at home 

Post Re: Last Days experience - with hospice care at home
It sounds like you are doing extremely well, Leone. You have been a very strong person for a very long time. Allow yourself some moments of weakness, now, if that feels right.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Leone - re: death certificates. My dad got 24 when my mom died and for years he always said that when he died to get 24 that I would "need them all". So, I got 24, and I've needed maybe 6!!! I don't know what I'll do with the pile I left left and can't imagine needing any/many more. I know what I won't do with them - I won't leave the whole pile for my kids to throw out some day!!! :lol:
Leone - if it makes you feel better to clean out Dale's stuff, great. When my mom died I couldn't clean out her stuff for YEARS. When my dad died we cleaned out stuff almost immediately, but then he had a lot of stuff at the ALF we didn't want to have to move back to his house. We gave almost all the furniture and clothes away that was at the ALF. Funny how differently we react and what we need to do in these times. Whatever feels right for you, you should do.
Sending you a big hug and lots of good thoughts tonight. Lynn

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Consider family members who may need/want a copy of the death certificate. There will be VA and if you or anyone in the family are interested in genealogy they will need to have a copy. Better to have too many than not enough. When they come in, be sure to go over it line by line to be sure everything is valid.

Dorthea

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 am

Leone, its 8.40am here in Ireland. Just a few minutes to spare whilst gettng kids ready and out to school. Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. You are still doing a wonderful job, and I am sure Dale is holding your hand all the way.
God bless, Ger x

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:41 am

The bed table was just picked up ... so this thread is over. I'm getting used to a new role. I've never been a widow before. I've made arrangements for his weight room equipment to be sold or given away. A friend will take his fishing gear this afternoon.

The plans for the 'Irish Wake' next week are well under way. Neighbors are still coming by with food. Everything is falling into place.

It's beginning to be a different world for me. I'm saying goodbye to my sweet prince, Dale Shannon O'Carroll. He will be missed.... oh, so badly.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 am

Quote:
I'm saying goodbye to my sweet prince

"Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest" Hamlet, Act 5, Scene2.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:01 am

I am sure you will miss him terribly Leone. Remembering all the good times, all the fun times, will help I believe. My husband and I laugh almost every day about some of my dad's expressions, jokes, crazy things he did or said before his world fell apart from disease.
Now's the time to really rely on friends and family. Big hug, Lynn

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5