View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Last Days experience - with hospice care at home 

Post Re: Last Days experience - with hospice care at home
I am so glad that Dale is at peace, Leone. Thank you for sharing this profound journey with us.
Jeanne

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Bless both of you at this time of separation.

Gail

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Leone, we are with you in spirit.
You saw it through on your terms and his terms. I hope you find peace in that in the days ahead.
Hugs and prayers,
Pat

Author of [i]Treasures in the Darkness: Extending Early Stage of LBD...[i][/i] [url]http://www.amazon.com/Treasures-Darkness-Extending-Alzheimers-Parkinsons/dp/1466428228/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334092686&sr=8-1[/url]

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Leone,

Take a deep breath! You made it. My condolences to you and your family. It has been a long journey.

God Bless you,
Sharon E.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Leone, My heart was with you through out this journey, Dale is at peace now and will never have to suffer again.
You did such a wonderful job caring for him. Thank you for sharing.
Take care of yourself.
Fondly, Gerry

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 pm

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev. 21:4
Thinking of you and wishing you God's peace. Hugs, Pat

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Thank you for all your touching messages and your love. I've had a wonderful morning with friends visiting and bringing flowers.

I'm so glad he is free from pain. That makes me happy. I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm glad that part of Lewy is over.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Leone,

I am so sincerely sorry for your loss, but I am so proud for you that you both made this journey together and right to the very end, and met every challenge and every hurdle...it may have not been pretty, it my have not been good...but you did it together just like the vows you made to each other. You honored him. I am honored to know you.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 pm

leone..
you and dale have been in my thoughts all week...my heart goes out to you and your family at this time.. this has been a rough ride.. but you handled it with such love and dignity and were there, ALWAYS for dale... i'm sure he felt that continuous love, thru out this horrible lewy journey.

you did him proud and yourself.. you are one heck of a lady!!
please take care,
cindi

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 11-13,released to memory care..

Last edited by cdw on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Leone, the first night without Dale. You can do this. Family and friends are with you. God loves you.

Dorthea

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Leone,
You really are an inspiration to other caregivers. Your husband was lucky to have you.
Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a great support system!!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Although we just met here I wanted to let you know how honored I felt to read your and your husband's story here -thank you for sharing it. When and if the time comes -you have given me a road map. Thank you. Take care and know a prayer goes out to you.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Once again, thank you for all your lovely messages. Many of you have walked this journey with me in what seems like a very long time. I wish for you the peace that I now feel. Dale is not here physically but I feel his presence here in so many ways.

The hospital bed and over the bed table will be picked up today. I'll go this afternoon to sign the documents and pick up the death certificates. The aroma of flowers fills our home ... and they are beautiful. They will help to replace the still faintly lingering odor of death, I hope.

He loved Hawaiian shirts and I plan to have them hanging for guests to see and for his Lion's Club buddies to chose their favorite as a keepsake. An artist friend has taken several of our photographs and will have them enlarged so guests can be reminded of the fun Dale was in every situation.

I'm remembering the happy times.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 am

Dear Leone - I read about your loss, and have tried to write back but we were in a location yesterday in S. Mississippi and had internet service that only allowed me to READ - I tried 3 times to write you a message, but the internet would stop each time. Anyway, I know how you must have both feelings of incredible sadness and at the same time, profound relief that Dale is no longer suffering. I am still feeling the same about my dad. I'm just glad he left us with so many funny memories that mostly we enjoy the memories of who he was before his brain diseases took over his life and ours.
I'm so glad you have such a wonderful group of support people in your life, and hope you will stay in touch with your "forum family." Take care, thinking about you and glad the ravages of disease will no longer be taking a toll on your beloved husband, Lynn

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks, Lynn... I signed the cremation papers today and paid the bill. Knowing how many Death Certificates we'll need is guess work. Being out today for the first time without worrying that I needed to be back at a certain time felt strange. Friday night will be my first social evening without him.

I'm staying up tonight so as to have a better chance at a full night of sleep. The habit of waking during the night to tend to him is hard to break. I still think I hear him when it's only the wind....

I'm sorting and giving clothes away. The hospital bed leaving today prompted tears. The bed table goes tomorrow. Dale's fishing buddy is coming in the afternoon to look at his fishing gear. I don't fish.

Deliberately keeping busy helps to distract me from grief. I think I'm making progress.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next