View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Neat trick with disposable briefs 

Post Re: Neat trick with disposable briefs
Sunny, I bet my husband has the same ones from Walmart! He has some gray ones and some black ones. They have just the right amount of tread on the soles. His 'good' [Vasque and Dr. Scholl's] shoes have too much tread and I found he was catching them on the carpet, increasing his risk of falling.

Thought I'd better add that this subject was shoes, notbriefs! :lol:

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Last edited by mockturtle on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:12 pm

I have been looking for velcro shoes for Ken, thanks for the lead! Sher

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 am

Sunny, I am fairly successful with Frank's shower, if he's willing to cooperate. We don't have a shower stall but the tub works out fine. We have a bench I put near the valve end and have Frank's back to the shower head, with the shower curtain also at that end of the tub and a hand held shower I'm able to give him a shower and shampoo within 10 mins, and leave the bathroom dry. "That's if he choses to cooperate".

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 am

I'm reposting this request here since it might get more viewing:

Has anyone ever tried switching their elderly LO from using the toilet at night to peeing in an adult diaper? While she is not incontinent, my LO is in danger of falling every time (at least 3-4 times) a night when she gets up to pee in the toilet. In fact she did fall and we are dealing with a broken collarbone right now. During the day she understands the danger and is willing to use a Tena brief, but at night she cannot make herself go in the brief at bed. We've tried a commode and she can't figure out how to use it. The goal is for her to use the brief in bed with two nightly changes by the CGs at her ALF so that I don't have to have someone stay with her every night. Any experience with this or suggestions as to whom to talk to? OT? Thanks. AnnieN

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2