View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Brief LBD mention on "The View" (10/19) 

Post Brief LBD mention on "The View" (10/19)
Maria Shriver was all over ABC (TV) today, talking about Alzheimer's caregiving. I watched when ever I could as I admire her greatly. I was so surprised with LBD was mentioned today during Maria's appearance on "The View"!

Click here to watch this episode:
http://abc.go.com/watch/the-view/SH5590 ... -view-1019

Around the 17-minute mark, the show comes back from a commercial with Maria Shriver talking about Alzheimer's. Around the 19:30 minute mark, Sherri Shepherd, one of the hosts, mentions hearing about LBD from a friend and how hard it is to diagnose.

If you go to the link, you can scroll forward to the 17-minute mark (it's the second notch on the video bar) but you are forced to watch several commercials before seeing "The View." (Still, it's less than 17 minutes.)

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Post Re: Brief LBD mention on "The View" (10/19)
Yes I saw that program here in Australia also. Love The View. Pity they couldn't go into it further but good to see it even get a mention as Parkinsons and Alzheimers seem to be the main ones discussed when it comes to dementia. Love this forum by the way it has helped greatly with my understanding and being able to relate to my dad it is so much easier when you have knowledge and educate yourself.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]