View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hiring Private Caregivers 

I think one of the problems with the cost of ALFs and NHs in the US is the large salaries that execs get paid and the big profits reaped by the owners of these places. I am sure there will be some opposite opinions and comments made by the aforementioned, but that is my opinion.
If our gov't were to pay for facilities for all of those who need them, can you imagine what our taxes would be like then? I don't know what the solution is, but maybe saving as much as we can while we are working, and hopefully purchasing LTC ins. that is GOOD (someone recently posted info. on this) will help get us through. Also, looking at what we do in terms of our own health care will be important. When I hear things on the news like "it may be possible to live till we are 150" or whatever, I wonder why would we want to do that? I don't want to live till I fall apart from aging and disease like my dad. And I don't want my family or the gov't to bear the horrendous costs of "keeping me alive".
No simple solutions but a lot to think about.....

Mon May 24, 2010 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2