View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hospice - It's Not Just for the End Stage of Life 

Post Hospice - It's Not Just for the End Stage of Life
I wish someone had told us about Hospice earlier. They offer so many different services that were very helpful to us in caring for my dad. They have nurses who check to be sure that the meds are right, vitals, etc. They have music therapy, stimulation exercises for the brain, help with bathing and many other things. Case workers will help with many things including finding more advanced care when it becomes necessary. The only requirement was that it be a terminal illness - LB qualifies.

Some of these services are not free but they take insurance and they have foundations that will pay or help to pay for the services that cost money. One thing they asked was that after my dad passed away that we would make a donation to the foundation. We gladly agreed to do that and requested in lieu of flowers, people make a donation too.

Hospice was a God-send for us.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you for sharing as your message is important. As you may know from reading the posts in various places on the Forum, nearly everyone who has an LO on hospice feels that they waited too long to get hospice. Many of us encourage others here to consider signing up for hospice as soon as we perceive the situation warrants it.

Hospice is usually -- but not always -- a great thing.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]