View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I can't seem to eat, anyone else have this problem? 

Maybe we can get a group rate on a box of duct tape!

And what is it about these men who can eat anything and not gain weight? My husband gets very little exercise and NEVER purposely exercises. It's disgusting!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh, yes, the chocolate chip cookies! He wants them every day and I bake a batch once a week. SO HARD to leave them alone, but leave them I must. If I let myself get fat, I'll be even more depressed than I am now. And most of my clothes are too tight. That momentary ecstasy of sweet, salty, wonderful chocolate chip cookie [or dough!]....I have to ask myself how I will feel if I give in. Oh! How did this topic get into the Practical Caregiving Tips, anyway?? :lol:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I hope we're not making the people who feel like they CAN'T eat feel bad. We each have our own not necessarily healthy stress reactions, don't we?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

It's a daily struggle to get pop to eat and most days I forget to eat
I got both of us vitamins yesterday. I drink 6 or 8 bottles of water a day. Water is all I've drunk for about 25yrs. pop wants to just drink coffee but I get him to drink some kool aid.
All of my life all I had to do was look at food and gain weight! Now I don't get hungry!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:21 am

Interesting...all of these skinny men with LBD..my LO was too. And..ample wives caring for them. Is there something relative here? Robin, can you weigh in (no pun intended) on this? If anyone would know of a study relative to this, Robin would know. I found it interesting how many stories are the same.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Luckily for me, (and my husband) my skinny husband is not the one with LDB. My dad who is the one with LBD was overweight, lost 70 lb. in 6 mo. last year, and loves chocolate too. He eats little good food at his meals, but does want to make sure his stash of Hershey's products are where his caregivers can get them to him.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2