View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 SF Bay Area Caregiver Support Group Mtg 

Post SF Bay Area Caregiver Support Group Mtg
To San Francisco Bay Area folks:

Five years ago, four PSP caregivers co-founded an SF Bay Area PSP support group. Over the last four year, those dealing with LBD, CBD, and MSA have joined us. We have over 250 members now. Roughly speaking, 40% have an LBD connection, 40% have a PSP connection, 18% have an MSA connection, and 2% have a CBD connection or Atypical Parkinsonism connection. (I believe we are the largest LBD, PSP/CBD, and MSA local support groups in the US.) Several members here are members of our local support group.

If you live in Northern California -- we have members from Lakeport to the NV state line to Paso Robles -- and would like to join our group, please contact me. For care recipients and caregivers, we offer an email list, small-group get-togethers (or connections), and any equipment (or supplies) being given away by a support group member.

For caregivers, we offer support group meetings in San Mateo, a central location in the SF Bay Area. At our San Mateo caregiver support group meetings we typically have attendance of 20-25. If you've been to a meeting, you know that we sit at a very large table, grouped by disorder. So you'll be sitting next to other LBD caregivers.

We meet on Sunday evenings at a San Mateo restaurant. We have 9 meetings a year, roughly every six weeks. Please contact me for the 2010 meeting schedule and to RSVP. And let me know if you want to be added to an email list for future meeting announcements.

All caregivers are welcome -- newcomers, oldtimers, and casual interlopers! And people whose loved ones have already passed away are welcome; these people have been through it all and can definitely assist the rest of us.

Thanks,
Robin Riddle
LBD Support Group
SF Bay Area
rriddle AT stanfordalumni .org

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]