View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 My 29th Wedding Anniversary is Next Monday ... 

Post My 29th Wedding Anniversary is Next Monday ...
Any suggestions? My DH didn't remember that we had said our vows on July 1st this year. I just let it go by without saying anything, but it made me very sad because we always celebrated both that anniversary and our wedding anniversary.

Last year, we had a party for our wedding anniversary, partly because I didn't know if my DH would be here or "be here" this year.

He always says he loves me. Even when he is lost in Lewy land, he says "I love you." When he can't answer my questions, he says "I love you."

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 am

Post post subject
Cryst
Happy anniversary! Make sure you celebrate. Like Dianne and Dorthea told me, "Make memories".
Mary

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Happy Anniversary! Yes, keep on making those memories. Our 31st was a week ago...no celebration this year without him here..just many fond memories of those in the past. My son took me out to dinner this year..bless his heart..another nice memory of a dear grown up child being thoughtful to mom.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 am

Post post subject
Dianne
What a thoughtful son. That sure shows what a wonderful mother and wife you have been.
Mary

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 pm

We are all blessed in many ways but sometimes are so overwhelmed with caregiving that we forget to thank those who help us so much. I did sit down the other night and tell this son how much his support and love meant to me during this sorrowful time of our lives. While the others are wonderful also, they could not spend the extra time with me...work and family duties call. I appreciate all of them in their own way. We just need to take the time now and then to let them know. :)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:52 pm

How nice that your son took you out for your anniversary, having children that have been kind to us during and after means so much and you are so right we need to let them know! How are you doing?

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Each day is better than the day before, thanks for asking. One day at a time, just as before. Neighbors and friends are involving me in lunch, dinner, mah jongg, activities, etc. Its when I hear a certain song, phrase, etc. I think I am doing as well as can be expected. Still feel tired though...not fully rested yet. We don't realize how wearing caregiving is on our bodies.
My son was to have back surgery a week ago but it was rescheduled. He arranged his jobs (has his own business) so he would be off for a month or so recovery. He had this extra time off and came up to be with me so I wouldn't be alone. :) Suzette (my poodle) continues to amuse us and is such a little gal pal. We adore her.
When I feel healed I wil do some volunteer work to help others. Though the journey is over...it isn't totally over yet. Thank goodness for the forum...don't know how I could have made it through wiithout all of you. Amazing friends!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:02 am

Be well Dianne. I'm thinking of you & would love to emulate your generous loving spirit while being a caregiver. But I'm finding it so difficult. Thank you for showing your love. Blessings. Dee

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 am

I am glad things are doing OK , the tiredness is something that lasts for awhile, bottom line is our LIVES change and we are learning how to live in our new roles. Grief is something you can't rush, there is no time limits it has to run it's course.
Take care and glad you have caring and supportive people around you not everyone has that luxury!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 am
Profile WWW

Irene - I am more than fortunate to have caring people around me and I am so very appreciative of them. I will also help them if and when they should need me. What goes around, comes around.

Dee - You are too kind with your words...and you are doing a wonderful job..give yourself credit. Big pat on the back and a hug. Believe me, I was not kind at times and I too wish I could have been...the caregiving got to me many times. You must realize you are only human doing a job you are untrained for, doing your best..and that is all you can do. I am accepting that now. In fact its amazing how our instincts kicked in and we handled the many situaitons that arose. Who would have ever thought we could handle emotional states, quasi violent episodes, bathroom issues, feeding, bathing, dressing, bill paying...and the list goes on and on...all while we are enduring lack of sleep. Its a lot for one person to handle which is why it gets to you now and then. Don't ever for one minute think you are not doing a super human job! You are! Prayers of strength for you.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:34 am

Dianne: Many thanks for your kind words & especially the prayers. Dee

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]