View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is it better to let them sleep or try to wake them up? 

Post Is it better to let them sleep or try to wake them up?
My DH has LBD and is sleeping more and more every day. Even on days that he gets out of bed earlier, I find that the time that he is "really awake" is getting shorter and shorter every day. On an average day, he is really awake for about 3 hours. The rest of the time he is either in bed asleep or dozing on the couch intermittently watching TV, eating, and going to the restroom. The question I have is, in your opinion, is it better to let him sleep or doze or is it better to try to wake him up and try to get him to do something?

A while ago, I tried to get him to do things and he would do them. But, I noticed that he would be "really awake" either less that day (by going to be earlier) or the next day or two (by being groggier). A part of me wants to just let him sleep so he can be more awake when people come over, although I must admit not many people come over any more. Even so, it seems like he is better able to put a mask on when our kids bring our grandchildren over if I let him sleep. Again, we don't actually see them all that often - probably once every week or two.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 am

This same question has been asked before. Perhaps you can find the posts by doing a search on "let him sleep." Or look through the first page of posts in the Symptoms/Diagnosis area.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am

Ditto! There are a few things you don't wake: a baby, a sleeping lion and a person with LBD. :)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]