View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Senior Day Centers 

I checked on line for a senior day care close to us, and found one in St. Augustine. I was so happy, thinking mom could get out around people her age and enjoy and I could get a break! Well I talked to the director yesterday and started telling her about mom, she started asking about her conditon and if she hallucinates. Well that killed it. I can not honestly say that she will not get loud and violent. So I am waiting on Mon, so I can call the Doctors again and talk to them about Hospice and getting in home help.
I used to feel guilty about wanting to get away and just have some time to myself. Now I am looking forward for that day! Just for a break.
Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 am

Don't give up, Tammy. All Senior Day Care centers are different, often depending on who the director is. Home care is fine, but often boring. Before getting Mom into day care, we had a home health worker part time. She was great, but there was one small problem. Her English was very heavily accented. Mom has enough trouble just dealing with words. The accent was beyond her, so there was very little conversation. If you get a home health aide, check in sometimes and see what kind of interaction there is.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2