View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The VA is really taking good care of us 

Post The VA is really taking good care of us
I don't remember if I posted it but I nearly lost pop the last of June and he had a 3 day hosp stay. The second day a care worker came to talk to me and they are sending me respite care. They are sending a home care helper for 4 hours a day 3 days a week. She will either help me in the house or what ever I need her to do. She will clean house, cook, help pop (but he isn't ready to have help taking a bath and dressing), she will just stay with pop for me to get out if that's what I need. I told her that there will be some days that I will just want somebody to talk to.
I was pulling weeds out of a flower bed the other day and I got me a big mess of poison ivy. Most of it is on my face and bottom! I went and got a shot this morning and it it some better I'm still itching. I'd never had it inside of my nose before. I must of got it on my hand and spread it that way.
But I love living in my woods just have to watch better where I put my hands!!!
At the support group that I go to, last night they had some Hospice people there and there is a VA program that I'm going to find out more about. When I think to call and find out more, I'll let yall know
nanny

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 am

I am glad your getting some home help now and that will ease your mind and body some.Yes please do check into the VA program, it will take a while to get set up so don't wait too long.

As to the poison ivy check into the product called Dumeboro, it can be used as a soak either in tub or with compresses, it really works well and clears up the poison fast.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]