View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 using briefs with sticky tabs 

Post using briefs with sticky tabs
Can anyone give me ideas of how to better get my LO ready for bed using the briefs that fit like baby diapers. He can't help much in shifting his body to get them under him. Have tried pushing excess under him to reach from other side but is not working. Are there any alternative methods?

helpmeet
A. Martin

Dreams a lot, talks to people and animals. Losing weight due to fact he can't stay awake to eat. Most of the time mind is foggy but occasionally clear which I treasure. In hospital bed now. Can get up to use commode but mostly wets disposable briefs.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:39 am

The Red Cross and others have books that provide photos of how to do these sorts of things (changing incontinence briefs, changing sheets, bathing someone in bed, etc). You might try to find one!

This is a bit hard to explain but I'll try.... Roll your husband on his left side. Place the brief over his rear, and feed the brief through his crotch. Tape the right side of the brief. Obviously, there's a part of the brief on the left side that gets wrapped around your husband's left side. Bunch that up from the top to the crotch. Roll your husband on his right side. He will have rolled over the bunched up part. Now tape the left side of the brief. Have your husband roll onto his back so that you can make any adjustments needed to the tape.

It's a lot of physical effort for you but it doesn't involve lifting or anything dangerous for you. Still, it can be exhausting for the caregiver.

Good luck,
Robin

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Post Putting on depends
Here's my 'recipe'. I use Depends refastenable 'Adjustable Underwear' and their 'belted Shields', without the belt.
The person is on his back. Bend his knees. This will give you less weight to turn and the bent legs give some leverage. I assume you've washed the front and back already and put some vaseline or other cream on him.
Push him on his side: push on his knees or hip and his shoulders. If he can, have him hold the rail on the opposite side. Place the belted shield, which is a large pad, under his buttock. Roll him over on his back: Place the front of the shield over his penis and pull the adjustable underwear over his feet and legs and up as high as you can.
Now push him over again and pull the adjustable underwear over his buttock on one side. Roll him on the other side (remember to keep the knees bent) and pull up in the back. Now on his back: fix the front.
I change the person once in the night. I rip open the adjustable underwear, so the belted shield pad can be pulled out or sometimes I just add another light pad over the shield to keep him dry.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]