View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Baby monitors 

Post Baby monitors
Others have shown an interest in using baby Monitors as extra "eyes and ears". I started out with one given to me as a gift. I now have several throughout the house so I can move freely from room to room and still keep an eye on my loved one.

Grandson went to local stores searching and he found that the stores only get a few monitors at a time and when they are gone, they don't replace them. I turned to google on the internet. I found three different places I could order one. I order mine from HAPPY MOTHERS. I order SUMMER INFANT BABY'S QUIET SOUNDS VIDEO MONITOR. I have been well pleased with their service but you will find other places to shop from also.

Judy Pat asked about the set-up. It is simple. You plug in the "camera" part and aim it where you need to watch. One camera fits all. You can move the "Mother" screen from room to room, as needed, just plug it in where you want it or do, as I do, plug in multiple "Mother" units in several different rooms. .

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks for the monitor info., Dorothea. I will look further into it. Since we have changed meds, the wandering has calmed down. But I know it will happen again in the future. My inclination now is to secure4 the outer doors and just try to get some sleep... even if he is up knocking about. In the future, this could involve some dangers... so, I'm prepping.
Thanks!!

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:47 pm

My apologies, Dorthea ... I spelled your name incorectly! Are you really 85 and so on top of all of this? I'm closing in on 70 and get so tired out sometimes. Bless you!

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Post My name
I smile at the spelling of the name. I have seen it spelled in so many ways but pronounced in more ways than that. I finally gave up and spent my entire life being just "Dot". Yes, I am/was age 85. I have had a birthday since my LO told all of his "friends" my age, which is where the quote comes from. I think I'm not in my eighties until I look in the mirror. The mirror won't lie. The Lord is not finished with me, yet, so he gives me strength everyday to care for Mr Bobby. I'm also thankful that I have a son-in-law who set me up with my first computer so I could do genealogy, little did he know that I would use this second one to learn about being a care giver to my LO. What would I be doing without it???

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:13 am

You BOTH amaze me, as do most of the women on this list (the men, too). I am "only" 52, and am always exhausted and worried, and sometimes just feel despair. I don't know how an "older" person manages being a caregiver -- the thought is overwhelming. The physical challenges alone are enormous. How DO you do it??

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:09 pm

Post How, indeed?
I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS MY ANSWER TO THE EXTENDED FAMILIES AND FRIENDS of THE CARE GIVERS. I wish I could say that I am "Super" care giver, however, that would be taking credit away from my team. It has been an unwritten rule; "Mother, you are taking care of Daddy so we will take care of you". We have four children {?? adults, of course} who seem to have different capabilities. Three live near me while one lives four states away. They understand my temperament and know I "can't ask" for help but it seems that when I have needs one of them fills that gap. The child living two states away has contracted for a cleaning group to come once a month to keep me from letting the housework get completely behind [which I would do]. Another daughter started shopping for my groceries when I had both my knees replaced 13 years ago. She made that a routine for every Saturday visit before Mr Bobby needed her, so that was already in place. Another daughter tends to things I need at the drug store. She also stays with her dad while I run to the hair dresser when I need a hair cut. What would I do without our son and his family who live closest to us and they are called for emergencies? Daughter in law stays with Mr Bobby for me to go to my Dr. appointments. The son in laws are special and help me when I need their talents. I have cut down pleasures that we enjoyed, such as having the family celebrations here at our house, I needed to identify priorities. I realized one day after a happy gathering that I could, continue doing those things or I could "take care of Daddy" but I couldn't do both. They reluctantly understand. Our "Loved One" no longer participates and it causes him to have really bad nights afterwards. I could go on and on with praises for help I have received from Home Health, my Sunday School ladies bringing me my Sunday School books and literature, My doctors accepting a faxed message to keep up with his progress, or lack of. But none of this would have gone so smoothly without this FORUM. I have learned so much! I am still searching for answers. I can't make him well but I can aim for a smile the first thing in the morning, knowing that after that first and sometimes only smile for the day, everything will go downhill from then on so I live for the morning smile.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]