View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Transporting LOs Long Distances 

Post Transporting LOs Long Distances
Here's a piece of advice for anyone with a LO far away: If you ever think you will need your LO moved, do it before they become non-ambulatory. I wish I'd moved my dad a year ago to where I live, but I let him make the choice, which was unfortunate. The options at this point are running from $6,300 to almost $12,000, to go 500 miles. Here's another business opportunity I've misseds out on! LOL If I didn't laugh, I'd be crying again....
Let's see, should I own an ALF, or a medical transportation company???

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Post Re: Transporting LOs Long Distances
Yes, medical transportation is expensive. Some ambulance companies require an EMT or RN to be along for the ride.

As suggested back in January when you raised this topic (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2056), what about your renting a van? You could strap your father flat onto one row of seats.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Post Re: Transporting LOs Long Distances
Yep - looking into the van idea too. Just had time to make so many calls and appts. today. Got great support from the clinical social workers at the Memory Center. They had several ideas re: NHs and other things I need to research.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]