View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Vietnam, agent orange and Parkinson's 

Post Vietnam, agent orange and Parkinson's
Has anyone submitted a VA claim for a LO who was 'in country' while agent orange was being used? The VA has recently added Parkinson's Disease to their list of cns disabilites presumed to be caused by agent orange. My question is: are they accepting a diagnosis of Parkinson's from those with LBD? I have forwarded all records to a flat-fee atty who will submit the paperwork for me, I don't have it in me to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts and be told I did it incorrectly. Are there others out there who were in Vietnam? thanks, Sher

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:43 am

Post Re: Vietnam, agent orange and Parkinson's
I suggest you don't use the term "LBD" but instead use the term "PDD," or "Parkinson's Disease with Dementia."

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Post Re: Vietnam, agent orange and Parkinson's
You're right, Robin. The diagnoses are actually Parkinson's and Alzheimer's with their corresponding codes. Thanks, and I'll update on this if/when we get a response from VA in the event there might be another who fits the profile. Sher

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]