View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Introductions 

Post Introductions
Hi to All, My husband was dx 1 1/2 yrs ago, but we noticed things weren't right about 4 1/2 years ago and wonder if that wasn't the start. We did the doctor route, and finally found a geriatric psychiatrist who "seems" to have found the right meds. It took several months and several different meds with dose adjustment to put us in an OK place. Last year at this time Frank was hallucinating, delusional and was paranoid to the point were we never left the house and he was calling 911. So compared to last year, this isn't too bad. Our main problem is that Frank thinks there are 3 Gerrys. He calls one "the girl", "the older one", and his wife. He quite often is upset because Gerry, his wife, has taken off without letting him know, leaving the other two to do all the work. In his mind, the wife never stays around to help. At the end of the day he'll tell me everything he and one of the others did or where they went. Fortunately, he likes all three. We've been married for 46 years and are trying to make the best of our retirement years. This is our life and we'll continue to adjust to the "new" normal as often as necessary. Thank heavens for this sight and for all the support that is available. Take care, Gerry

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi to all, although there are names and stories in the forum, you sort of get to know the many names from the stories you read. My name is Debbie, (jangle) and my mom had Lewy Bodies. She struggled on the journey for 5 years, 2 home and 3 in an assisted living. The progression was none stop, 5 years, and never getting a reprieve from it's progression. Within those 5 years, I loved my mom for who she was, but I also learned to love the new mom that we had to get to know. It wasn't an easy road, but I have become a better, more wiser, stronger and compassionate person since becomming a caretaker to mom. Mom died March 14th, 2008 and not a day goes by I do not think of her. I talk to her all the time, and know she is here beside me watching over me and giving me the support and confidence to continue to take care of all the things in my life that still need to get done. I still have a lot of "stuff" to do... I know she's helping me get it all done. I miss you mom!
So anyway, in a nutshell, that's my story in this little introduction forum.
Debbie

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]