View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Intro from a New Member 

Post Intro from a New Member
My husband (age 77) was diagnosed with LBD September 2013 after a couple of years of increasing symptoms. He can still get around but is unsteady and very slow and unsure in his movements, and struggles to rise from sitting. And he needs increasing help because of tremors and cognitive decline. So it's been a challenge to watch the changes, and to try to jump in to provide what is needed--not necessarily knowing what that is, of course, LOL. I'm glad all of you in this community are here. The biggest problems for me have been occasional periods when I feel overwhelmed and alone, as I take on EVERYTHING. But my LO has a kind spirit (so far!), which helps a bunch. All of your posts are helpful to me, so thank you!

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 am

Post Re: Intro from a New Member
Welcome, and I'm glad you found this site. It was so helpful to me from a moral support standpoint when my dad had his first huge decline and I was overwhelmed as his primary CG (from afar), trying to manage his care, living situation, hospitalization, finances, house, etc. I don't know what I would have done without this forum.

When you have specific questions or requests, you'll be more likely to get responses if you try to find the most appropriate topic. Some people on here I think only read certain topics…

This is a wonderful, supportive community of CGs, and also a great place for information. There are many CGs on here who work or have worked in the medical field, which is especially helpful when you need info. about medications, research, etc. Hang in there, Lynn

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:30 am

I'll also say Welcome to the Forum! If you're feeling overwhelmed get on here and read! You'll find lots of helpful suggestions from people who've lived through it. And post your questions or just what's going on. It's always good to "let it out"! :)

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:20 pm

A warm welcome! I've been there and felt the same way. Overwhelmed and alone. God bless you!

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Welcome HoneyDo; So happy you have found this forum. I have been on it for a few weeks and find it very helpful. My husband is almost 77 and he is a few steps beyond your husband in this disease process. One thing I know about this is that it's progress is unpredictable. I felt completely overwhelmed at first. It is such a shock to realize that your life plans have changed so much and that you are now a caregiver. So sorry you have to join the group, please know that there is lots of support here. Anne

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]