View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PD/LBD at 60 

Post Re: PD/LBD at 60
Thank you for that feedback Donald. I think it's helpful to hear from your perspective as well. I think I would want all the information I could get at the beginning as well but I don't think my Mother wanted to know. She would change the subject if we tried to talk about it so we just went with her lead.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 am

I had the same thing happen to me. My husband punched me in the side of the head during one of his wild dreams. He felt awful and moved into the spare room. Since then we moved to a condo to avoid stairs. We now have twin beds. For a time I slept in the spare room here but couldn't hear him if he got up so I moved back to the master bedroom. This may work for you. Keep yourself safe, it is so important to both of you. Anne

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:12 pm

My husband has always had what I called, wild dreams. Most of the time he was trying to "save" me from something, but in the course of doing so, ended up kicking or hitting me. Many times he would throw all the covers off the bed and try to pick me up. But a few years ago he started having seizures and was put on seizure medication. Ever since then, the extreme dreams have quieted significantly. I no longer sleep in fear of ending up on the floor in the middle of the night.

Not sure if there is any science to back up this correlation, but it worked for him.

Thanks, all.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi All; My husband who was dx with PD in 2003 but had REM and poor memory prior to this is on Prolopa it is a mix of Levadopa and benserizide. What I find is that the PD symptoms have hardly increased over the years. The tremmor is a bit more but all the other symptoms that have increased apply to LBD. I see that many people on the forum have LO's on Sinimet. My husband is with a clinic that specializes in Movement Disorders and does research in Parkinson's Disease. Don't know if this info is of any help or not. Anne

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:32 pm

We were at Mayo this week for a checkup and the doctor decreased his dosage of Sinemet. He is still sleeping a lot, but not nearly as much as he was. Thanks, everyone!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Sinemet kicked my tail!! I was always tired, yawning until my nose ran, dry heaves, and always tired. It never really helped my rigidity. So, I quit taking it. Then a year or so later, we tried it again. Same issues. I quit again and I will never take Sinemet again. The cure should NOT be worse than the ailment! Also, my present Neurologist told me Parkinson drugs do not work on LBD symptoms. That was the first time I heard that.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2